SOLD Bellingham, WA - 1991 HZJ77 with lockers and camping setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(0, 0, 0)
1991 Toyota HZJ77 Triple Locked 1HZ powered 70 series. Upgraded cooling system this 1HZ will never overheat.

Photos are in these ads I've posted

Craigslist Add with Photos

Facebook Marketplace

Bought this rig 5 years ago from an importer in South Carolina and have built it into an awesome adventure rig but sadly it's time for me to move on.

Old Man Emu 2 in Lift
33" Falken Wildpeak AT3 w/1.25" spacers
AISIN manually locking hubs
ARB Front Bumper
ComeUp 24v 12,000lb winch w/synthetic 26,000lb line
Safari Snorkel
Front Runner full roof rack with shovel mount, tie downs, and 200 watt solar panel included.
Front Runner rear door ladder
Ironman USA 1.4m awning
Alpine Apple CarPlay Stereo
ARB Differential Breathers
Curt 2" hitch receiver
Solarscreen Australia full set of window coverings.
4 recovery points welded to the frame
Professional undercoated and the frame is completely rust free.
Kylmit sound deadening throughout
Trasharoo included
The camper setup has been very dependable! It is very solid and can handle a lot of weight. Dual 5ft 500lb drawer slides. 4" foam twin size bed. Goal zero battery and Dometic fridge not included. Lots of extra parts included. Back seat and seatbelts included if you want to change it from the camp setup.

Asking 45,000 obo
Screen Shot 2022-12-31 at 2.14.54 PM.png

Last edited:
Since the ads are down, what transmission does the truck have?

Heres the link to the updated facebook add. Updated price is 29,500. Message me on facebook or here.

Guess will all that fancy stuff bolted on the seller forgot to service it, looks like the new owner is gunna have to take care of that for himself. Just goes to show always pays to get things checked out and serviced before road tripping a new buy

1685818932432.png

Guess will all that fancy stuff bolted on the seller forgot to service it, looks like the new owner is gunna have to take care of that for himself. Just goes to show always pays to get things checked out and serviced before road tripping a new buy

View attachment 3339369
I feel his pain. Bought from a "reputable" import dealer. All lies and smoke, truck had a cracked head, now noticed the rust spots on the frame that were sprayed over. My mistake. Hope this guy makes out better. It's a sweet rig regardless. Is the new owner on the forums?

I feel his pain. Bought from a "reputable" import dealer. All lies and smoke, truck had a cracked head, now noticed the rust spots on the frame that were sprayed over. My mistake. Hope this guy makes out better. It's a sweet rig regardless. Is the new owner on the forums?
Definitely here. Yeah, it was a huge bummer. I was stuck in San Jose on the 101 freeway for 4 hours. Then got towed to Stockton. It's in good hands w/ Georg at Valley Hybrids. I even got it checked out at TorFab in Everett, WA before making the drive.

Working with the seller to try to come up with a deal to help with the repairs. Fuel injector was either blocked/bad and Transfer case almost blew up (as you see above).

It's an incredible rig. Thankfully Georg knows his stuff and said it was one of the best 70's he's seen. This is my first cruiser, so you learn and grow from all the experiences.

Definitely here. Yeah, it was a huge bummer. I was stuck in San Jose on the 101 freeway for 4 hours. Then got towed to Stockton. It's in good hands w/ Georg at Valley Hybrids. I even got it checked out at TorFab in Everett, WA before making the drive.

Working with the seller to try to come up with a deal to help with the repairs. Fuel injector was either blocked/bad and Transfer case almost blew up (as you see above).

It's an incredible rig. Thankfully Georg knows his stuff and said it was one of the best 70's he's seen. This is my first cruiser, so you learn and grow from all the experiences.
Well welcome to the sickness 🤣 I'm on my third, it comes and goes like any good STD. Was it a dealer or private seller?

It does seem like an amazing rig, I strongly considered it, however in the end it was a challenge logistically to make it work.

Being said the seller seemed like a very straight up young man and communicated very well, great to hear he is working with you.

Sounds like you are in great hands! Good luck with Cruiser addiction, it is a great ride!

It does seem like an amazing rig, I strongly considered it, however in the end it was a challenge logistically to make it work.

Being said the seller seemed like a very straight up young man and communicated very well, great to hear he is working with you.

Sounds like you are in great hands! Good luck with Cruiser addiction, it is a great ride!
My wife is wondering what's wrong with me and so am I. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Yes, I'm already itching to climb back in. It was a more comfy and fun ride than the darn brand new car I had to rent to get home!

My wife is wondering what's wrong with me and so am I. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Yes, I'm already itching to climb back in. It was a more comfy and fun ride than the darn brand new car I had to rent to get home!
Eventually, she will understand, for many of us we categorize vehicles in 2 groups, Land Cruisers and everything else.

Keep us posted, glad it ended up in good hands!

Cheers and Enjoy!!!

I like to spend a few hundred bucks on a 6 month extended warranty when I buy a used car, and even thought about including one in the price of the HZJ77 that I am selling if I can find a good policy provider for specialty cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom