Bellhousing Cover Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Does this gasket get glued on and if so with what kind of glue?

Last edited:
Ya know what, I wouldn't bother with that gasket. It's a PITA to get to stay in place (I used rubber cement) while installing the cover and doesn't really do much to keep stuff out. I haven't used one on my 60 for at least 5 or 6 years.

Ya know what, I wouldn't bother with that gasket. It's a PITA to get to stay in place (I used rubber cement) while installing the cover and doesn't really do much to keep stuff out. I haven't used one on my 60 for at least 5 or 6 years.

Already own the gasket. Figure I might as well use it.

Then I'd use the rubber cement on one side only.

Glue it to the stamped steel cover. I recently removed mine to see if the oil that was all over it was coming from behind it. Only about half of the gaskets pieces where there. I couldn't see how they did much good and just bolted the cover back on with what was left.

Marc

I'd probably use some blue or black silicone sealant (like RTV)

You want 3M Fast-Tack adhesive. Come by the shop and I'll give you a tube... It's also what you use to attach the valve cover gasket to the valve cover, or the oil pan gasket to the oil pan on those old tractor engines...

Ryan

Where did you get the gasket? I htought they were not available.

Skipper

He got it on september 13th at about 7 minutes after 4 o'clock.

How could I know that? ;)

He got it on september 13th at about 7 minutes after 4 o'clock.

You, sir, are worse than Big Brother.

I have gotten to the point where I always ask about parts. I never assume availability, even if the "system" says it's not available. You would be surprised what American Toy has been able to source for me (like a R151f tranny bellhousing).

Jon

You, sir, are worse than Big Brother.

:sniff:

Thanks Jon, thats the nicest thing anybody's ever said about me.......:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom