'Before' Pics of my cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this is a test to see if I can post pics after compression.

This pic is from the day I went to visit her before the purchase.
100_1100.jpg

back seats had never been sat in. I now have a gun rack in the back glass holding a 22, a hatchet with a roll of paper towels on the handle and 100' of rope.
100_1101.jpg

Wood Panel or Not?

I have a body shop that will remove the paneling for 200 bucks. I feel this is a good deal. I attempted to remove a small portion of it near the intake for the carb fan and it took nearly an hour. The paneling is peeling. My concern is it will lose the nostalgia if it's gone. So do I...
-remove and let be
-remove and repace
-remove and rhino line
-or leave it alone?

Remove it, and 3 stage clean, polish and wax the whole thing to try to match the long exposed paint to the virgin stuff seeing the light of day for the first time.

I continue to be amazed at how good the original paint is and its' durability.

Not from ebay. I was looking at the classifieds on SOR and found what I thought was a good deal on an 84 fj0. Turns out the 84 was located in Leicester NC about 5.5 minutes from me. I got there, and this perfect 87 garaged with a cover was there. I feel in love and called my bank to see what they would loan, and then she came home with me. I did see that wood panel one on ebay but though it was a 62 for some reason. Anyway, not ebay and damn close to home.

Nice rig! Pic of the front, please. Me like round headlights...

I'd vote for leaving the wood trim for sure. I had stripes on my 60's original paint job that were where your wood grain is, and I miss them. I decided to get it repainted and left off the stripes. I may even go back and get them out back on eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom