Before and after pics 2004 LX470, 2" lift and tube sliders at Slee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:cheers
Sappster, no brake clearance problems for you with 16s.
Thanks.
I think I will ask my local body shop about getting rid of the chrome. Or try to paint it myself. How hard could it be? Famous last words for the DIY jobs.:cheers:

+1
Black 16's with some aggressive rubber would complete it.. Right now, the 18s with low profil looks like spares.. :)

Search on my name, I posted before and after pics of my LC with stock 18s and then 16s with Toyo MTs on.. It's two different trucks! Since then, I've added about 1.5 inch all around (kept the AHC); it looks very "capable"...
How is the off/on road performance changed with the 16's? And I agree they look like spares now, but not for long.

Last edited:
:cheers
Thanks.
I think I will ask my local body shop about getting rid of the chrome. Or try to paint it myself. How hard could it be? Famous last words for the DIY jobs.:cheers:

From the pics you posted, the rims on your rig didnt look chrome - hmm I kinda understand if you wanted it black then. Its easier to paint over a black rim than a chrome rim when you get rock rash on them.

If you want to paint it yourself, theres a couple of threads in doing it at the 80s Tech. Sandpaper, clean, primer, and paint with a good coat. Better to have the rims off though.

Built and wheeling 100s are sooo cool to look at.

Good luck.

Looks great. Time to lose that rear spoiler too. :D

Don't look back, you've been bitten by the bug. :cheers:

:
Looks great. Time to lose that rear spoiler too. :D

Don't look back, you've been bitten by the bug. :cheers:

I would love to get rid of the spoiler. But would that leave holes in the tailgate?
And yes I have been bitten by the bug. But it feels sooo good.:D

The later 18s in gun metal look pretty good. I bought this truck already built with 305/18s.
PICT0002.JPG

Hey Waggoner5,
That looks good, I do like the gun metal. I think the mud terrain tires make it look mean.

I think the thicker sidewalls is what changes the appearance the most, that Turbo truck sure sits nice. I would go with that look and you don't have change wheels. I would actually like to see those on my Black 2000 LC

you took all the lights off!?

Yeah that's NUTS! I have a copy of his truck on my computer (picture) with the 3 Hellas on the front and it looked GREAT..... Maybe he's going to put different lights on it??

I think I will stay with the 18's so I don't have to find new rims, and I think the 18's are growing on me.
However I am still going to paint them black or dark grey.

Last edited:
I think those factory tires look just fine for now. I'd stick with the 18's.

I added new rubber 285/65/18

So I stayed with the 18's. I think it was the way to go, they look and feel great. Now it is time to get off road.
Here are some after pics with the new rubber.:grinpimp:
Thanks for everyones input.
lx470beforandafter 006.jpg
lx470beforandafter 007.jpg
lx470beforandafter 008.jpg

The truck looks great with the AT KOs! Looks like I need to take a road trip out to CO and have Slee hook me up with the same setup with added F/R bumpers.

Yes the bumpers will be next. The BFG's AT KO 285/65/18 seem to be a great tire. I have only had the truck for two weeks so I think the bumpers will wait a while or until I rip one off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom