Beers and cruisers Saturday 12/12 basic city brewing, Waynesboro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davidp14

SILVER Star
Threads

Theres a couple of us non-nova folk having some beers, talking about land cruisers, and hopefully planning a trail ride in the near future at Basic City brewing in Waynesboro on December 12th. Meet around noon until whenever.

I know there's plenty of people here who aren't too far so come on over. Or ,even if you are far and you need an excuse to come to the valley you're always welcome.

Screenshot 2020-12-01 154348.png

If there isn't any wheeling that day, depends on how good the beer is..

I won't be available that weekend, but enjoy - we did some work at that building and their beer is pretty darn good IMO.

If there isn't any wheeling that day, depends on how good the beer is..
It's a nice cruise down the Skyline Drive. The brewery is right at the bottom of Afton mountain on Rt. 250.

I won't be available that weekend, but enjoy - we did some work at that building and their beer is pretty darn good IMO.
Look forward to a 2021 snow run!!

Looks like @jcj_78FJ40 could leave his 40 in the parking lot if required. Sounds like fun.
Yes, Yes I could.

Maybe a road trip for @TRFCSUX's new trail dog?
They are dog friendly.....

Its close . Maybe 15-20 minutes away. Devils backbone is practically at the finish line.
Not sure if it is that one or the Devil's Backbone down the road at Wintergreen. They have campsites and 3 restaurants cideries right there together,

Big levels starts in Stuart's draft which is very close to Waynesboro. The trail ends at the blue ridge parkway and just a few miles from devils back bone on rt151, a highway of sprirts, so to speak. There are cideries, breweries, and distilleries within a few miles of each other.

That's it. Big levels ends (or starts) south of 664 / Reeds Gap on the BRPW.
I was interested in that because a friend of mines family has a huge farm down there in Nelson county and he has a cabin down there in Nellysford

My family owned the Pratt house in Waynesboro up until a few years ago and my grandparents are buried at the Emmanuel Episcopal church in greenwood, just over Afton Mountain.
Irrelevant to this discussion information aside, I don't think I can make it...sadly.

Corner of Rosser and Northgate?
That's the one. My grandfather bought it when he worked for GE back in the 60's, GE closed he was transferred, planned on coming back to retire there, he did to an extent for a few years in the late 80's/early 90s then moved to Connecticut with my aunt.
Never sold the house because he was never really one to make decisions like that, so after he passed away my Father became executor and had a dog of a time selling it, I helped him (with his 60 series so this stays tech related) to clean the place up summer 2012.
Last time I went by it looks like the guy who bought it has sunk $$$ into renovations, but that is what his portfolio was so I will be curious to see the end result.

What is now the neighborhood behind it and the martins and walmart shopping centers was where my dad would spend his days as a 5-8 year old hunting and hiking. Dad even took his shotgun and rifles to school for show and tell, because back in the 60's Waynesboro was still a very southern town...

Very cool house. It looked liked it had some history. whoever owns it now is definitely sinking some coin into it.

When I first met my wife, we attended several services at Emmanuel. Small world.

Very small, 8 degrees of separation seems so impossible yet its happened to me so many times.
That church is a beautiful building and layout all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom