BEER

Please look up "How Beer Saved the World"
I'm not sure how to show the video here, but it was put out by the Discovery Channel.
I think this was taken out of the Bible, but I'm still looking
Golden Nectar of the Gods
Liquid Bread
And other ways to justify beer to the future ex-wife.

So you want us to look beer, on a channel that some may or may not have in a bible reference and report back on our findings?

we have a beer thread, we have a religion thread.
Where do you suppose this should go?
Wheat? corn? Yeast?

I have tried again to find this video to transfer here, but it says something like IMBd
and they want 19.99 for it ?????????
Good look at the creation using a Beerology mindset
I guess I just don't know computers enough.

scrapdaddy

Standing on the corner
SILVER Star
I don't know about saving the world , but it played a huge part in my life. My Grandfather and Dad on one side of the family tree worked their whole career at AB brewery in St. Louis. My Grandmother and Mother on the other side of the family tree worked there and I spent 36 years at the same brewery. My Son worked there as did several Uncles. My family started when the brewery started and we worked up until 2011, longer than the Busch family. I love beer! :) if it wasn't for beer I wouldn't be here.

UltraFJ40

ที่นี่และมี
SILVER Star

During the Dark Ages, beer was one of the few trusted drinking sources. I mean, because it's purer than drinking from ditches and cisterns. :beer:
When I travel to third world countries I used to only drink beer because of the fact that I didn't know the source of water unless it was from our water processing facility in Costa Rica or from our well in the Philippines. Everywhere else I just drank beer.

scrapdaddy

Standing on the corner
SILVER Star
How's this for a job, up until 1987 we had beer coolers (like in an old tavern) lined along all the walls in our break rooms. We could drink free beer all day long supplied by the company. Two or three break rooms on every floor and seven floors. Two men on each shift (three shifts) would stock the beer coolers. If you drank too much, they would put you in a cab or tell your buddy to drive you home. In my Grandfather's day they would bring you a bucket of beer out to the job, I knew many men who had lost a finger or two in the machinery, wonder why :). Days gone by...

dieseldog

She idles just fine . . .
GOLD Star

How's this for a job, up until 1987 we had beer coolers (like in an old tavern) lined along all the walls in our break rooms. We could drink free beer all day long supplied by the company. Two or three break rooms on every floor and seven floors. Two men on each shift (three shifts) would stock the beer coolers. If you drank too much, they would put you in a cab or tell your buddy to drive you home. In my Grandfather's day they would bring you a bucket of beer out to the job, I knew many men who had lost a finger or two in the machinery, wonder why :). Days gone by...
#OVERTIMEROCKED! :beer:

LINUS

Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Please look up "How Beer Saved the World" .... it was put out by the Discovery Channel.
I think this was taken out of the Bible.
And other ways to justify beer to the future ex-wife.
Is it the one Mike Rowe did? - That one is hilarious IMO.

As for the Bible, I can get you to mead in the OT, and Jesus turning the water into wine in the NT, but no beer.

I do the all-grain homebrew thing & I can also state homebrew (good stuff) - is way healthier than over-pastureized & -micron level filtered mass brew.

The cloudy beer (dormant yeast) - has alot of B vitamin, (b6 IIRC) - so while I let mine settle decent, a little in the keg isn’t anywhere near a bad thing.

As far as wives go - my ex hated our informal ‘weekend beer club’ (friends & single invites only, wasn’t open to general public & us core 4 who set it up did really decent for such a informal start) - but I was doing it before we met, so she knew what was going on. GL there.

My setup is mothballed at moment, next house (prob in San Juan Islands) -I’ll get back to it. Neighborhood / buddy beer clubs are awesome & we had a honor system of poker chips as currency, I always had $$$ for supplies.

Hugh Heifer

Georgia bound.

When I travel to third world countries I used to only drink beer because of the fact that I didn't know the source of water unless it was from our water processing facility in Costa Rica or from our well in the Philippines. Everywhere else I just drank beer.
The embassy in PI always told us beer was a far better choice than water. I, of course, had no issue heeding this advice.

LINUS, no it is not the one I'm talking about, but Alexh85 got it.
ALAS, the Discovery Channel will not let us view it in this forum due to copyright bu!!sh!t.
And when you get settled in the San Juans, I'll be there to check up on you.

Top Bottom