Been waiting for years to make this post... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everybody. I picked up my first 60 yesterday. I've been wanting one of these for 25 years, and my beloved '97 4Runner and '80 SR5 pickup will be headed for new adventures at new homes. Glad to find such a knowledgable bunch...I'm probably going to need it. Let the fun begin!

Cheers,

Chris

a6145efd.jpg

Awesome! Blacked out and stock blank canvas. You're gonna have fun!

Congrats! I love the paint, you should leave that alone. I have had my 60 for 15 years. I have put more than 200,000 miles on it on top of the 172k it had when I bought it. It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned, has done any task I ever required, is easy to modify and a joy to drive. Money well spent.

Welcome! :bounce: Your passenger mirror looks like mine does - pointing in no particular direction!! Let the fun and games begin! :bounce2:

Blacked out rims on these things look great...Have fun with it. You are at the right spot for advise and parts. Best website on the net...IMHO :steer:

Hi everybody. I picked up my first 60 yesterday. I've been wanting one of these for 25 years, and my beloved '97 4Runner and '80 SR5 pickup will be headed for new adventures at new homes. Glad to find such a knowledgable bunch...I'm probably going to need it. Let the fun begin!

Cheers,

Chris

I did the same a year ago! Bought my 88 Fj62 and sold my 91 Runner and 85 4x4 PU.

I'm still tickled pink!:D
Truck bed liner!-1.jpg

Welcome aboard Chris, I know you will love the rig, I'm glad it got sold to someone who will appreciate it as much as I did. It is also good that I will be able to see it around town....

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:Welcome to the madness
I agree, leave the color. If you have to paint after rust surgery then go back with same flat green, its a cool color. With a little lift, a little this, a little that, and a lot of dollars this rig will be the talk at Loveland Pass.

Bone stocker

I picked this one up last October and really like it. I'm only into it about 4500.00 total including purchase price.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/448839-college-cruiser-slow-build.html

The 60's look really good either way modded or stocker. Check in with your local toyota dealer with the VIN to see if your 60 is eligible for the fuel tank and seatbelt clip recall. Look in my thread for the pics on what you get for free in the recall. Good luck with your build and welcome.

Last edited:
it is still eligible for both... fwiw.....

I'm sure that by now someone has told you that if you own a BBQ concession trailer and post on Mud you are obligated to now serve ALL mud members that comment on your post BBQ. To show you how great the people of Mud are we will bring our own beer just let us know when we should expect our BBQ and where. Great truck welcome to the joy/madness/chaos and fun of owning a 60.

Glad to see it went to a good home. Let us know when you're ready for a trail run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom