bed liner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the progress of clean all my floorboard right now. Didn't want carpet any more. I want to know how many people done it with the hard top on? and if any of you guys have good pics of where you spray it at and where you didn't. I want to get it done soon. And I was thinking of doing one of my co2 tank as well

Eric

I would not do it with the hard top on, it's too hard to get at things and could result in a poor application, just my 2 Cents, Larry

Lots of stuff in TECH on this. Here's what I did. With the top off. I plan on shooting it on thicker this summer because I'm getting tuny little rust spots peeking through where I didn't get the stuff on thick enough.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=97535

I did my floor with rhino-liner, rolled in, and it worked perfect...will get some pics up, did it in grey, ...

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 yours good.

do you have a better pic of where the hardtop mounts. I dont know how high to stray it up to

To the lip

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40 yours good.

do you have a better pic of where the hardtop mounts. I dont know how high to stray it up to

I sprayed the liner all the way to the lip of the tub. (top arrow). Be sure to spray at an upward angle to get under the lip (dot area) Like I said I'm gonna spray it on about 5 times thicker in a couple of weeks.
THanks for the compliment. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.
speaker.jpg

One suggestion. Use the smooth coating. The original rough stuff is like laying on gravel if you have to work under the dash. Durabac has smooth.

I had the tub sprayed with the hard top removed and the interrior gutted, it was sprayed up to the tub rail(where the hard top sits on the tub). The smooth textured liner is also much easier to clean than the rougher textured stuff.

I think if im lucky and get the stuff. Im going to put it on. anyone with more pic????

Spray

I think if im lucky and get the stuff. Im going to put it on. anyone with more pic????

I sprayed mine with a schutz gun. I think you can get in the niiks and crannies better than rolling. You do have to prep better. Masking off for overspray.
Good luck. Put it on thick enough the first time , not like me where I'm gonna have to do it again. (no big deal really, maybe one weekend start to finish)

http://www.toolsusa.com/asp/item_detail.asp?T1=PBE+SGE+7402&GENB=pgun&UID=

Thanks for all the help. I was just going to buy the herculiner kit. But know I just want to buy the quarts to spray it. But Im not sure where they could just sell it at. And Has anyone keeped the heat thing that comes stock????? I my dad just say to spray it over it. but I would like to take it off... Is there and benefit on having it. does it make a big difference on heat ?

Heat thing?

That's like on the tranny hope. and floorboard. its black.... How much do you use, Is one gal good enough?

Herculiner in my 40

I did two coats when it was stripped bare and used 1 gallon and 1 quart. I will try to find picture tonite.

Jerry

I used RAPTOR Bedliner kit to spray the bed and floorboards of my '79 FJ40. You mix your paint color with the liner material and spray it on with a schutz gun. My kit came with its own schutz gun. Sprayed on bedliner matches the vehicle paint pretty close. Seems pretty durable too. Bought mine at local auto paint supply store. Raptor has a website, I believe.
Ted
RAPTOR BEDLINER 1.JPG
RAPTOR 2.JPG

I used Herculiner. I followed the instructions, had probably 20 hours into the prep and am totally unhappy with it. The texture is too coarse to clean, and after moderate use it began peeling. My buddy got a DIY kit from dupont and did his pickup bed, I would have been much happier with that, it has kind of an orange peel texture, cleans easy and is much more durable. But if I had ponied up and gotten it sprayed with line-x or something after I had done all the prep in the first place, I'd have been even better off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom