Beck FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Our amazing Upholster Gus did it again. Killer looking carpet. Now onward to door panels.
16640635286383463943025599655790.jpg
ward to the door panels.
16640635086152064150461573973154.jpg

Last edited:
Status?

That fj55 got delivered January 2023.

Since then, Rtech is bankrupt, closed the doors, all online presence is deleted. FB page is still up but inactive. Former employees (some of whom worked on that truck) only have negative things to say.

I’m told they called all customers with short notice “come get it or it’s auctioned.” Also told it was a total sh** show. Customers coming from all over to pickup pieces.

I understand the benefits of widening the stance on a 55 with later model axles. That said, they just never look right to me when done up this way.
Piggie looked real good in post 71 of this thread with the blue and white scheme.
Final product here is not aesthetically appealing IMO.

Everyone has an opinion, but if Beck got what he wanted then “good enough”, I say.

I have one SOA on 60 axles and one that’s very near stock.

To quote someone else in this group, “it’s a hobby, there are no wrong answers”.

I understand the benefits of widening the stance on a 55 with later model axles. That said, they just never look right to me when done up this way.
Piggie looked real good in post 71 of this thread with the blue and white scheme.
I agree. And as an admirer of the old SR5 pickups, I really think those stripes look out of place on anything else. But, to each their own.

That’s everything Beck wanted, and he got it.

That fj55 got delivered January 2023.

Since then, Rtech is bankrupt, closed the doors, all online presence is deleted. FB page is still up but inactive. Former employees (some of whom worked on that truck) only have negative things to say.

I’m told they called all customers with short notice “come get it or it’s auctioned.” Also told it was a total sh** show. Customers coming from all over to pickup pieces.
RTech produced some monumental builds, most notably “Ponderosa” and “The Duke”.
His head fabricator (allegedly), goes by Ladybuiltcustoms on IG, and opened her own shop a year ago.
I think the beginning of the end was when he made the decision to dismantle The Duke to make something else. Everything seemed to fall apart shortly afterwards.

Ponderosa 1966 Chevy
IMG_2949.jpeg

The Duke 1972 C50
IMG_2950.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom