Beck Arnley parts - quality- good/bad = to OEM? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone tell me their experiences with Beck Arnley aftermarket replacement parts?

Supposedly Beck Arnley caters to the import/european makes/models for replacement parts (instead of buying genuine dealer parts).

I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with buying those parts and if there was/were any issues with the install, quality or fitment of said parts?

I'm looking for brake hoses, calipers & master cylinder and have been on Auto Zone and Advance Auto's websites seeing what kind of pricing or availibility there is for those parts and saw I can order Beck Arnley parts, Raybestos or Bendix. I know of Raybestos and Bendix, which are quality parts outside of buying from Dealers, but have never had any experience with Beck Arnley or know of the quality of parts.....

Any help?

I'm trying to save some $, I know I CAN get the parts from the dealer, but, I would like to explore other options before resorting to having to purchase from the dealer.

Thanks fellas!

No comment.

:rolleyes:

What's your time worth?

In my case my time is worth a lot. Today I'm racing the clock to replace my AC expansion valve and dryer so that I can get it recharged before the end of the day,

I bought my parts from a "special dealer" that know's the 80 series better than anyone and so far the job is going perfect, right down to the correct O-ring seals (that aren't called up on the dealer system).

I have no experience is going non-OEM but this is working for me.

Sorry but one other comment. don't buy an 80 series if your pinching pennies. they deserve to be well looked after and it's not that cheap.

R

p.s. - back to work. oh and thanks Dan, the o-rings are the exact ones.

p.s^2 - moab related.... what did I find in the cooling unit? a bunch of cottonwood. :rolleyes:

Beck Arnley has been a good supplier of aftermarket parts and Ive gotten OEM parts in their boxes before .
Toyota is great for alot of things but sometimes aftermarket is good too .

Rich said:
But, but, that was a comment! :)

No, this ( :rolleyes: ) is a comment.

I'm trying to save some $, I know I CAN get the parts from the dealer, but, I would like to explore other options before resorting to having to purchase from the dealer.

Phil,

I would give Cruiser Dan a call. He gives nice discounts to the members on this board. Also, as Riley mentioned, I would imagine that time is worth something to you.

Better save money on another vehicle becasue your truck will suck money like crazy:)

I used some Beck Arnley parts for my 92 Camry and no problem. But like they say and i believe you'll never go wrong with OEM.

Sometimes Beck Arnley is OEM. I bought a temp sensor for my 85 FJ60 and it came wrapped in Toyota paper with made in Japan stuck on the actual part. Seriously, the clear plastic toyota uses with Toyota in red letters. I've had a few other parts come that way. A clutch hose, a clutch master cylinder, brakes for the Camry. It is hit or miss though. I've never tried that for my 80.

Cdan is curtious, knowledgeable, and darn near as cheap as most of the aftermarket. And when he isn't at least I get the satisfaction of knowing that if I need something he's there to help. He's even offered to look up part numbers for me because the local parts guy at the dealer can't read his fische so I can get the parts locally. However, I've found he usually has stuff in stock which my local dealer doesn't and can ship it directly to me quicker than the local dealership can get it. And I don't have to drive the 100 miles to the local dealership.

I appreciate the replies fellas - and by no means was I trying to infringe upon, or down play CDan's abilities or the FACT that he IS a great person who can get decent prices on genuine OEM Toyota parts. That was NOT the intention of my original statements....

I'm not trying to be "cheap" - however, as was stated by a few members above, Beck Arnley does supply genuine OEM Toyota parts in some of their packages - which is good to know. It's good to have the "option" of being able to go locally to get the parts if say the local Dealer is closed, it's the weekend and one cannot get the parts from a vendor in a timely fashion or so forth. I wanted to merely know that IF I was going to resort to buying Beck Arnely parts if they were quality parts, which has been confirmed by the above.

Sure, I know some people are die hard OEM Genuine Toyota parts people and they must have OEM parts for when repalcing parts on their vehicles - I'm the same with Ford parts for my Mustang Cobra - HOWEVER, there are times when I do (and I am certain OTHERS do too) that when trying to save a few $ over the OEM, there are other sources or options in doing so.

One more thing - Toyota and many of the other manufacturers source out their smaller hard/softt parts - Toyota and the others do not manufacturer every little bit & piece that is found on their vehicles... They source out to other major "specialty" companies (brakes, hydraulics, differentials, transmissions, etc) and have those companies assist with or make/design the parts, then those parts are sold in the Toyota (or replace Toyota with any other MAJOR vehicle manufacturer) wrapper with the Tooyota part #s.... Everyone should know this by now....

Again, I trust that CDan is THE guy to go to for OEM parts and I myself will probably be calling him once I get my list of needed parts completed... Like I said, the thread was not meant to start some rivalry between CDan and other parts sources, the intention was to inquire about other options and the quality of Beck Arnley parts.

Phil,

Have you found that your local parts place actually stocks anything for the 80 series? When ever I've inquired it has always been 4-7 days for anything.

Eric V.

If I have to choose between Beck-Arnley and Genuine Toyota Parts I go with Beck-Arnley. Except when it comes to front axles and lower ball joints - then it's Toyota parts only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom