Becasue its your club... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Southeast Overland

Get lost! Go explore!
Threads
Website
www.southeastoverland.com
Because its your club Alex has volunteered to provide salsa dancing lessons at GSMTR...well...not really...

Because it is your club I want to know what you want as members. Do you want more trail rides, more HAMOMs, more non-wheeling events, more hardcore trips? Let me know!

:cheers:

Juice,

Marshall talked of a few people taking a spotting class in the past; could we try to do something similiar to that again? I'm kind of a newb to all of this, so i'd like to learn the proper signals and guidelines to it. Also, maybe a safety refresher/class for new people?

Thanks

Good idea John - why don't we do this in conjunction with a trail ride? Really, we could do it anytime...a few minutes to cover the basics then some time to practice.

I've been practicing on my wife (so she can follow my directions) as she pulls into the driveway at home. She doesn't like running out of the house and giving her hand signals - that and the neighbors think I'm crazy.

Trail team gave a nice demo at Beasly two years ago....Woody and Gustov (sp?). I would love a refresher. I think Alex should have to give salsa leasons also.

I know this is far fetched but how about a club trip to do the Rubicon, Moab, Baja, CDT, Alaska Trek, etc. we need an epic club trip.......

Absolutly, Gsmter is great but let's see if we can organise some trips to the other wheeling areas/parts of the country too. Know Smokymtn. and a bunch of us are looking at a Colorodo trip sometime this or next year. Discussion board on ideas and trips might be a good thing. Any way great idea. :bounce:

I would like to do more wheelin' trips. Coal Creek isn't far. More trips to Uwharrie, Beasley, etc. I'd also like to get a group together for the Cruiser Crawl in October. (This last year, it was the same weekend as Cullowhee, so that made it hard to get something together). It would be good to have a group trip to other events in the southeast, kinda like white trash of the elwood chapter...

I like the Cruiser Crawl idea. I think we need to attend other clubs events. Makes it a lot easier than planning our own.

Maybe some group stuff with LC.

I think the events we have right now are fine though.

I would like to do more wheelin' trips. Coal Creek isn't far.

X1,000,000,000. It is close enough and has tons of new area to explore. There are currently over 160 miles of trails, though some are limited to ATV and motorcycles.

Let's get this one organized, I'll help take the lead and do the necessary leg work. There is no reason we shouldn't make this an annual event with the club, or at least arrange an unofficial scouting run to gather intel for a big club outing at a later date.

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/

Last edited:
I would sign up and pay (my portion) for a club semi shipping trip to Moab and Rubicon

Charity ride? Christmas toy run or something.

This is an awsome idea Coach! Our Low Country folks rode in the Mt. Pleasant Christmas parade and had a great time showing off their cruisers. Add a toy run to Aunt Sue's and we're set!

I would sign up and pay (my portion) for a club semi shipping trip to Moab and Rubicon

aight lets shoot for Rubicon for 2010.... I like Moab but I love the expedition quality of the Rubicon. I am 100% serious about this

however I will be driving shipping is for you old timers :flipoff2:

Absolutly, Gsmter is great but let's see if we can organise some trips to the other wheeling areas/parts of the country too. Know Smokymtn. and a bunch of us are looking at a Colorodo trip sometime this or next year. Discussion board on ideas and trips might be a good thing. Any way great idea. :bounce:

My wife and I will be out west most of this coming summer (june-august) in the 80 and plan on trying to run some of the Contental Divide Trail ...... if anyone can make it out west this summer we can plan our schedule around whoever and whenevetr so we can meet up.

My wife and I will be out west most of this coming summer (june-august) in the 80 and plan on trying to run some of the Contental Divide Trail ...... if anyone can make it out west this summer we can plan our schedule around whoever and whenevetr so we can meet up.

So your missing GSMTR and the wedding?

I've been waiting for you to prove my predictions wrong. So far I'm batting 100.

I'm predicting you will be in Augusta all summer. :flipoff2:

So your missing GSMTR and the wedding?

I've been waiting for you to prove my predictions wrong. So far I'm batting 100.

I'm predicting you will be in Augusta all summer. :flipoff2:

Just make sure you are stuck behind that desk when I ring you from Moab :grinpimp:

Yeah now that JP is married all he does is dream about wheeling......he thought we'd be out of the picture with kids...I think I've been to more events in the past year than JP has....You sure you've still got your 40 JP?? Did you loose the key to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom