Became a 200 series owner today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I finally became a 200 series owner today. After about 2 months of looking, I picked up a 2017 magnetic grey LC with 27k miles from a dealer in Stillwater, OK. I just got home after the 9-hour drive home and am thoroughly impressed with my new rig.

This is actually my third LC. I owned a ‘76 FJ40 for a while and then an ‘02 100 series LX470. Before the 200 series LC, I had a ‘16 T4R Trail Edition. Obviously, the 200 tops them all.

First up will be some BFG AT KO2s followed by an OME suspension lift.

I’m looking forward to learning more about my rig from this vast knowledge base.

B3F03181-0BE2-47B0-9B10-31CCDDCE7858.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

Congratulations !!!!! I'm sure this will not be your only mods :p

Nice! And great to have a pic too. Where’s the first adventure headed (not counting that long drive to its new home!)?

Congrats on your new-to-you LC200!

Keep us posted as you build it up

Nice! And great to have a pic too. Where’s the first adventure headed (not counting that long drive to its new home!)?

Thanks. If my plan to hatch an escape from work next week succeeds, I'll take her to Southern Utah for a few days for some light overlanding. I don't want to get in too deep until I get a set of decent tires and a lift.

So my plan to hatch an escape from work succeeded, and within less than a week of purchasing my truck I had her pointed West toward Utah and CO for a super short trip. I’ll post a separate thread with a more in depth trip report, but what I can say is that these rigs are incredibly capable. Bone stock, the truck made quick work of trails in the Maze District of Canyonlands, including Flint Trail Switchbacks and Maze Overlook Trail, as well as Imogene Pass from Telluride to Ouray. I was certainly glad to have crawl control and the hill descent feature more than once. I can’t wait to take my truck back to Utah after I get tires and a lift.

I ended up with some fender rash on the front quarter panel, dings and scratches on the rear bumper, and some pin stripes down the side from juniper trees hemming in the trails.

Here are a few pics:

C23C1C7F-EBB3-4428-8784-A482128A2AF9.jpeg
BEEBCEBB-D97D-4F95-8F82-3B40F2A3BC4C.jpeg
43A02635-4E8E-4C7C-A4DE-D8415987C210.jpeg

Looks great. Did you keep the T4R, or did you sell it ? looks like your LC did great with the stock tires

So my plan to hatch an escape from work succeeded, and within less than a week of purchasing my truck I had her pointed West toward Utah and CO for a super short trip. I’ll post a separate thread with a more in depth trip report, but what I can say is that these rigs are incredibly capable. Bone stock, the truck made quick work of trails in the Maze District of Canyonlands, including Flint Trail Switchbacks and Maze Overlook Trail, as well as Imogene Pass from Telluride to Ouray. I was certainly glad to have crawl control and the hill descent feature more than once. I can’t wait to take my truck back to Utah after I get tires and a lift.

I ended up with some fender rash on the front quarter panel, dings and scratches on the rear bumper, and some pin stripes down the side from juniper trees hemming in the trails.

Here are a few pics:

View attachment 2097205View attachment 2097206View attachment 2097208

Awesome

Looks great. Did you keep the T4R, or did you sell it ? looks like your LC did great with the stock tires
Thanks. I sold the T4R a few weeks before I bought my 'Cruiser.

It did well with the stock tires, but I scraped a few times on rock ledges. I don’t think I would have scraped at all with 285s and a small lift.

Way to break it in my man! Doin' it right! This is what these trucks were built for...not picking the kids up from soccer practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom