beat the solstice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
I took a big chance on the weather last Wednesday, and packed the Karma Cruiser for an overnight stay at a destination unknown in the El Pasos following the Friends of Jawbone meeting. Well, it was a gamble, but it paid off!

Winds were supposed to diminish as the day ended, but instead they increased. Original plans were to sleep on the roof rack, but gusts were approaching 20mph at nightfall, so I went to plan B, and pulled the seatback from the passenger bench and set the truck up to sleep inside. By 9:45, gusts of 30mph were rocking the truck hard enough from side to side that I had to restart and move it facing the wind to cope. Wind completely died off after 11pm.

Overnight temp dipped to 55 and humidity was characteristically low. Sunrise at 5:40 the next morning

CIMG0767.jpg

Two cups of coffee, and I was off to explore the countryside before the day heated up too much. Quickly found a cool spot to explore at a later date [with some heavy rope...and some friends!]

CIMG0761.JPG

Chewed up 4x4 trail I hiked near San Gorgonio the weekend before:

CIMG0753.jpg

Off to Wrightwood tomorrow. Report on Tuesday.:)

I thought you and the rest of the Pagans went to Stonehenge for the midsummer Solstice?

I think I saw that tunnel in "The Hills have Eyes" ... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom