Bearing and Boot Replace Parts List (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I have a 2000 LC and was advised to replace the boots and refill them with grease AND re-pack the wheel bearings. I was told that i did not need to replace the axle at this time.

I had a few questions:
  1. The the bearings are just in the front? Two total?
  2. Are there four boots that need replace and refill? Only in front?
  3. Is there a "parts list" for both the bearings and boots? I like to buy EOM from "toyotapartsdeal DOT com"
  4. Any good write ups for these two jobs? (I have the FSM).
I'm mechanically capable I think (already did timing belt etc.). Any special tools that would make this job easier?

Thanks you in advance!

Cman

you would need a total of 4 bearings, 2 inner and 2 outer. the axle boots should come as a kit with both inner and outer boots, clamps, grease and c-clips, you will need 2 kits. you will also need your drive flange seals as well as hub seals for the back side of the hub, on eof each per side

you would need a total of 4 bearings, 2 inner and 2 outer. the axle boots should come as a kit with both inner and outer boots, clamps, grease and c-clips, you will need 2 kits. you will also need your drive flange seals as well as hub seals for the back side of the hub, on eof each per side

Awesome, thanks for the details. Sent an email to Cruiser Outfitters about the kits...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom