Beadlocks on an 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Title pretty much says it. :D

Anybody got beadlocks on there 80? :confused:

I personally have never seen one with them.

Pics if you do would be nice. :cool:

Contemplating going to bigger tires and the thought of having a second set of rims to put them on is IMHO a good idea. :idea:

Thoughts???????????????

Pretty sure Junk's got 'em. They're just not externals...

Traditional beadlocks require routine inspection to ensure the bolts are not coming loose. You could probably use indicator washers as seen on some commercial trucks. These are teardrop shaped washers that you align with the point of the teardrop pointing at the head of the next bolt. If a bolt comes loose, the teardrop turns out of sync with the rest of them and you can see it. I've never seen anyone use this method, perhaps because offroading would probably mangle them, but it seems like it should work. Either way, beadlocks are just another thing that if maintained and inspected properly are just fine. In your case, since the 'gator is not your DD, I think you should get them. :D

I have yet to see an 80 with beadlocks. I'm running street locks, they kind of look like the real deal, but are street legal and don't leak the air. Don't know if you've seen or heard of those internal bead locks. They're suppose to be just as good.
I'd love to see a pic of an 80 on beadlock rims

Sam

Arya Ebrahimi said:
Pretty sure Junk's got 'em. They're just not externals...

I'm not sure about that. But I'm sure that idiot will chime in. :D

Arya Ebrahimi said:
In your case, since the 'gator is not your DD, I think you should get them. :D

Not my daily driver but it is a regular family vehicle. Thats why if I move to 35's or larger I am contemplating a second set of rims and tires to only use when wheeling. :D Thing is I have seen stock 1FZ-1E's spin the tires fairly hard in certain offroad situations and I would imagine with enough horsepower one would be able to spin the rims inside the tires in a low pressure setting, thus I got to thinking about bead's for this application.

reffug said:
I'm not sure about that. But I'm sure that idiot will chime in. :D

chime

Used to run tireloc's from sweden as internal beadlocks. They're not really avail to non-military right now, so you'd have to get secondairs which just recently Staun started importing - or buy them from someone in OZ. The nice thing about internals is they also act like a run flat but more importantly is they lock both sides. They add weight, but running a 6-7k lb truck without them while airing down low for difficult trails just doesn't make sense to me.

reffug said:
Title pretty much says it. :D

Anybody got beadlocks on there 80? :confused:

I personally have never seen one with them.

Pics if you do would be nice. :cool:

Contemplating going to bigger tires and the thought of having a second set of rims to put them on is IMHO a good idea. :idea:

Thoughts???????????????

This is off of Christo's site....
beadlocked 80.jpg

Christo ran them for a while, but the issue of bolts backing out became a problem at times. He has a set of stock rims beadlocked at his shop for sale. May call him after he returns from France next week. later

CruisinGA said:
Josh seems to do just fine without them

Well there is proof enough for me. :flipoff2:

Guess I really do need them. :D

Bailey please I would expect more from you than that drivel...............

I suggest Trail Ready bead locks. They are very nice.

picture.JPG

CruisinGA said:

Didn't think it was you Bailey. :D Had already read that thread and knew something had to be going on. :confused: dd113 gotcha huh? I think I'm gonna go change my password in my cp now.

Back to the issue at hand beadlocks/80?????????

Opinions?

Junk could you elaborate on what is available in the external variety if anything at this point. Or do I have to rob a military depot to obtain what I want?

Junk said:
chime

Used to run tireloc's from sweden as internal beadlocks. They're not really avail to non-military right now, so you'd have to get secondairs which just recently Staun started importing - or buy them from someone in OZ. The nice thing about internals is they also act like a run flat but more importantly is they lock both sides. They add weight, but running a 6-7k lb truck without them while airing down low for difficult trails just doesn't make sense to me.

Why did you stop running them? Any problems?

Overlord said:
Why did you stop running them? Any problems?

He didn't. Junk is reducing his 80 to stock status and selling off the aftermarket parts and then the rig. The tires and rims have already been sold and not to me. :doh: Oh and they work fine I saw em go first hand at CMCC and those suckers are kick ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom