beadlock wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had those Hutchinsons on my 100 series. They were great wheels, loved airing down to 5-8 PSI. They were DOT legal too, not that it matters for the UAE though.

K8fKYX0.jpg

IPtrERJ.jpg

Specs are 17x8.5, et27. Each wheel weighs around 40 lbs due to the dual beadlock tech, same as they use on military vehicles.

I believe they discontinued that model though - last I looked I couldn't find it on their site.

You also have to mount your own tires as most tire shops won't do it.

WTsywLW.jpg

Wow - those look great! That 40lbs though - ouch.

I talked to Hutchinson and they would put the Rockmonsters back into productions provided they had an order for 200 wheels. Same as what they have told others. I'd be curious to see how many people would be willing to order...

Last edited:
I talked to Hutchinson and they would put the Rockmonsters back into productions provided they had an order for 200 wheels. Same as what they have told others. I'd be curious to see how many people would be willing to order...

What price are we talking here?

What price are we talking here?

After freight taxes packaging and shipping from the distributor.. likely retail approx. 720 per wheel with a committed order. Maybe more for black.
That would be zero mark up and some group buy with no one backing out.

Plus there are some tools needed, I'm not sure how much they are?

Walker Evans makes beadlocks in 5x150.

Walker Evans makes beadlocks in 5x150.

Lots of companies make bead lock wheels BUT they are all a single sided bead lock, vs a double sided "true" bead lock which is DOT approved. Those are good wheels for off road only. They are off road only as they are single sided locked.

I'm not aware of any other company that makes street legal bead locks?

Lots of companies make bead lock wheels BUT they are all a single sided bead lock, vs a double sided "true" bead lock which is DOT approved. Those are good wheels for off road only. They are off road only as they are single sided locked.

Oh I see says the blind man

200 x $800 = $160k

It's not a matter of single vs double beadlock. You can put beadlock rings on both sides and it won't be DOT approved. It's a matter of the traditional bead ring coming loose and the tire losing air pressure or separating from the wheel. The bead ring is clamping down rubber and over time, the rubber compresses. Traditional beadlocks require maintenance/bolt re-torquing.

A different method that is also DOT approved....

Last edited:
200 x $800 = $160k

It's not a matter of single vs double beadlock. You can put beadlock rings on both sides and it won't be DOT approved. It's a matter of the traditional bead ring coming loose and the tire losing air pressure or separating from the wheel. The bead ring is clamping down rubber and over time, the rubber compresses. Traditional beadlocks require maintenance/bolt re-torquing.

A different method that is also DOT approved....

??

You may want to read what people post. Just a thought.

No one said $800 or $160k. You just made this stuff up.
I and I didn't say a bead lock on both sides would make a wheel DOT approved.

Simply 200 wheels at $800 ea. They require an $160k order to produce them again.

They are off road only as they are single sided locked.

This statement is false.

Last edited:
Simply 200 wheels at $800 ea. They require an $160k order to produce them again.

They are off road only as they are single sided locked.

What is your point?

No one said $800 each or $160k other than just you.
It is true that single sided bead lock wheels are off road only. So what?

Move on sir.

My point is they can make a single beadlock lock wheel that is DOT approved. Your statement is false.

Here is another one.
57796337.jpg

and these are currently made where? and you can purchase them where?

and these are currently made where? and you can purchase them where?
🤦🏻‍♂️ he already posted the Icon wheels that are DOT approved single sided beadlock, so you’re statement is wrong :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, those that want to run a beadlock wheel, will do so rather easily, understanding the risks and maintenance required. And unfortunately, after seeing a lot of potential initial order requirements, I’d say there’s a snowballs chance in hell you’ll get a commitment for 200 wheels for Hutchinson’s. I honestly can’t stand the extra weight of them, and feel that negates virtually all the benefits of them on our drivetrain considering the extra unnecessary strain it puts on things with a heavy tire that would be justified to be put on a beadlock wheel.

Last edited:
🤦🏻‍♂️ he already posted the Icon wheels that are DOT approved single sided beadlock, so you’re statement is wrong :rolleyes:

Nonetheless, those that want to run a beadlock wheel, will do so rather easily, understanding the risks and maintenance required. And unfortunately, after seeing a lot of potential initial order requirements, I’d say there’s a snowballs chance in hell you’ll get a commitment for 200 wheels for Hutchinson’s. I honestly can’t stand the extra weight of them, and feel that negates virtually all the benefits of them on our drivetrain considering the extra unnecessary strain it puts on things with a heavy tire that would be justified to be put on a beadlock wheel.

That other wheel posted is no longer manufactured and is not a true bead lock. is is a "B.A.D." (Bead Lock assist).

That ICON wheel is about as close as you can get to a DOT bead lock wheel other than Hutchinson. This is why many folks on here run them.

The ICON wheel uses studs for an InterLock, which is not a "TRUE" bead lock.

You can read how they work here.. I have known about them for many years, nothing new.

True bead locks assemble like in this link. I know as I own many of these true bead locks and have for many years. I also own a bunch of run flat bead locks.

This is an example of how some of them assemble.

The ONLY True Bead Lock Wheel that I know of that is currently manufacture in a 5 x 150 bolt pattern will run you north of $2200 put wheel. The UN and several other agencies like the CIA buy them. They are great wheels.

If you come across some one currently manufacturing true bead locks in 5 x 150 please let me know.

hutchinson-exploded-view_2-300x201.jpg

That other wheel posted is no longer manufactured and is not a true bead lock. is is a "B.A.D." (Bead Lock assist).

That ICON wheel is about as close as you can get to a DOT bead lock wheel other than Hutchinson. This is why many folks on here run them.

The ICON wheel uses studs for an InterLock, which is not a "TRUE" bead lock.

You can read how they work here.. I have known about them for many years, nothing new.

True bead locks assemble like in this link. I know as I own many of these true bead locks and have for many years. I also own a bunch of run flat bead locks.

This is an example of how some of them assemble.

The ONLY True Bead Lock Wheel that I know of that is currently manufacture in a 5 x 150 bolt pattern will run you north of $2200 put wheel. The UN and several other agencies like the CIA buy them. They are great wheels.

If you come across some one currently manufacturing true bead locks in 5 x 150 please let me know.

View attachment 3119790
Thank you for “TRULY” educating everyone so thoroughly :rolleyes:

…with your opinion

Last edited:
What are you talking about? It is the exact definition of a single beadlock wheel. The outer tire bead is clamped down from the inside.

73081887.jpg

Beadlock Assist Device is just the name. Next thing you will say, "it's not really a wheel because they called it a DEVICE." Then you will say, "It doesn't count because it doesn't have a 5 x 150 bolt pattern."

Everyone knows that one guy growing up. Now we know two. :rolleyes:

Obviously no kidding ... anyone with over 10 000 (Ten thousand posts on a forum) is a Wanker or a Looser. Get a life.

Obviously no kidding ... anyone with over 10 000 (Ten thousand posts on a forum) is a Wanker or a Looser. Get a life.
What are you, 12? This is a forum of predominantly mature people (myself excluded). People that do disagree with one another and sometimes give each other a hard time, but this isn’t a forum for your ridiculous name calling. I’d be happy to meet virtually everyone on here in person at some point. But you’re going to have to figure out some better communication skills, maybe some humility, even when behind the anonymity of a forum, before I’d ever want to run into you. No matter what you’re driving.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom