beadlock wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ah yes I've seen these. On their website it says it's not compatible with the lc200 even though all the fitments fit up... wonder if you know about those. And would you know if they're as good as proper beadlocks or if they're a little bit of a compromise
I haven't used them. Lots of pub and reactions floating around though.

Well Hutchinson sold ALL their . WA-0550 which fit the LC200's back in 2020. None left and they are not making them any more.

They can custom make a wa-0460 or wa-2464 .. but the price is $2250+ per wheel.

Well Hutchinson sold ALL their . WA-0550 which fit the LC200's back in 2020. None left and they are not making them any more.

noted, thank you for the information.
You can get Method 101s in custom bolt patterns, and Innov8 has 5x150 wheels as well. Other option is to pick wheel of your choice and send to OMF to have them convert to beadlocks.

I've been under the impression they're not illegal. Not DOT/SAE approved, but not illegal.
Thanks for the info. I have mu eyes on the 101's right now. I'm looking for something on Innov8 but haven't found much. I've also contacted OMF on whether the price of $286 or so if per wheel or the whole setup.

Also looking at the Icon rebound pro's right now and they are priced well but I am worried about the bore size. it says 110.1mm and the LC's take 110.0 mm. Wondering if that creates vibrations. Was also wondering how low the rebound pro's can go.

The ICON Alloys Rebound PRO with patented INNERLOCK TECHNOLOGY offers the best of both worlds by using a robust bead retention system to keep the tire bead secured to the wheel while also being fully DOT compliant.
Anyone know if this innerlock technology is a gimmick or legit?

I am worried about the bore size
That is the correct bore size for the 200 series. If they made it exactly 110mm it wouldn't go on (Press fit), which isn't a desireable thing for rims.

Anyone know if this innerlock technology is a gimmick or legit?
They're trying to come at it from a direction that won't get them into the issue that prevent beadlocks from getting regulatory approvals (failure at speed leading to immediate decompression leading to catastrophic accidents).

It's a new take, lots of reviews on it from people who have hands on with product.

They're trying to come at it from a direction that won't get them into the issue that prevent beadlocks from getting regulatory approvals (failure at speed leading to immediate decompression leading to catastrophic accidents).

It's a new take, lots of reviews on it from people who have hands on with product.
Someone posted a marketing video on here about these. The comments I recall were that all of the bead lock screws were potential leak sources. I didn’t take the time to understand what the design was to render any personal opinion.

I haven't seen or used one. I am not trying to render any opinion at all. I just thing there is enough pub out there for an interested party to go educate themselves on the + and - at this point.

I haven't seen or used one. I am not trying to render any opinion at all. I just thing there is enough pub out there for an interested party to go educate themselves on the + and - at this point.
agreed

It looks like those pins hold the outer edge of the tie in place at low pressure, but they are not going to be as good as the center ring used on bead locks that meet the SAE J2530 standard. That ring holds both inner and outer edges of the tire.

Last edited:
ok you guys got me to google this over lunch. easy to find info. I get the potential leak question/concern after seeing a picture. ICON has a response to the question.

1646938027982.png

ICON video. Many others out there.

Ah really? I've messaged them regarding specs but got not reply as of yet. We were really keeping our eyes on those Hutchinsons. We asked a local garage and they quoted us about 1 grand USD per wheel which seems like crazy money. How much did those cost per wheel. I heard that they are heavy, but has that affected your performance. From what I'm seeing, they're only a few pounds heavier than the normal beadlock. If they are discontinued, would you know a shop that still has some stock?

A few years ago they were $500/wheel. They didn't affect the cruiser's performance too much but you could feel the excess weight (unsprung mass and all that). They were also a little more difficult to swap/rotate tires as they were each 100+ lbs. Getting the spare up on the swingarm took some work too.

OK4WD was my go-to Hutchinson dealer but they don't have these listed on their site. You could call them, they were always helpful.

Two options I can think of:

Similar to Icon but without any bolts, Method has a "Bead-Grip" technology that adds a lip to the wheels and they claim it helps to hold the bead at lower pressures. I've never tried it but their wheels look great and I think 17x8.5 et0 is a pretty great fitment. They have 3 or 4 models with the bead grip tech in 5x150.

You'd have to be really invested to do this but call up Hutchinson's military division and try to buy some wheels from them. Maybe tell them you're building a prototype armored 200 and need one set for your first model? ha.

WA-2245 and WA-2345 fit the 200 series. The cool thing about these is that the bolts are hidden so you can't even tell that they're beadlocks.

mrpfosv3t2g61.jpg

Could please tell what tool is that you are using to mount the tires?
That's actually a tool to remove tires or break the bead - called Tire Pliers. I got them from Australia

Last edited:
ok you guys got me to google this over lunch. easy to find info. I get the potential leak question/concern after seeing a picture. ICON has a response to the question.
I like the design and concept. Seems perfect for the street driven/off-road vehicle. I'm guessing maintenance and issues will be lower than the other options. Plus, most shops would probably be willing to mount/dismount tires. I can mount my own beadlocks (traditional) but I probably wouldn't if I didn't have to.

For what its worth I just bought 5 WA-0550 in black for 420 Euros per wheel. There are 8 still available in silver that i know of.

Where are they ?

They must be at some dealer in the UK..

Hutchinson does not have any of these wheels in stock.

I talked with Hutchinson today ... If we want to get a group buy then we can BUT we would need to buy 200 wheels minimum.
Divided by 5 then that means 40 people.

I talked with Hutchinson today ... If we want to get a group buy then we can BUT we would need to buy 200 wheels minimum.
That’s what I was thinking too, was hoping to find a way to purchase them, not sure what shipping would cost, but sure less than 200 wheel purchase.

If you were able to talk to someone at Hutchinson, you should ask if we can buy a set of Hutchinson defense wheels - they make several different beadlocks in 5x150. No way to buy them for a civilian online as far as I can tell.

I’ve always loved the Hutchinson double bead locks, they are insanely heavy though. If you got enough interest/traction to get a group buy together I’d likely throw my hat into the ring but getting 40 people seems like a tall task.

If you were able to talk to someone at Hutchinson, you should ask if we can buy a set of Hutchinson defense wheels - they make several different beadlocks in 5x150. No way to buy them for a civilian online as far as I can tell.

We discuss this the other day, those ones are north of $2200 per wheel. The price is why I didn't mention it above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom