Beach 'N' Toys Monthly Meeting - First Tuesday of each month, see thread above for location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Out of curiosity...have you parked in Bankers Hill before? I saw a gray 62 next to my house a couple times and a girl was driving.
No, wasn't me, haven't been in that area for quite some time. If you see her again, could you get me her number? Lol

Has anyone tried to 4x4 through Balboa? Haven't been in the area since I was at Miramar.

@CruiseChickFJ62 welcome to the forum... and we are still planning to have our monthly meeting at Mikes in October 6th for the club. Your more an welcome to come!

I may make the actual meeting this time! I may even drive the 44 if the weather doesn't suck!

That would be so cool to see it running

Hello All - I'm new to San Diego (from NorCal). I'm looking for a good shop to have some engine (2F) work done on my '76 FJ40. Any recommendations?

While I don't have shop recommendations, we do a lot of wrenching and wrench days so depending on what you need we might be able to chip in and help.

Frank

Try Noah's ark Land cruisers in San Marcos. He's a fairly adept mechanic and I've never heard anything bad about anyone that's seen him before.

While I don't have shop recommendations, we do a lot of wrenching and wrench days so depending on what you need we might be able to chip in and help.

Frank
That's excellent and I'll definitely take you up on it. I'm not getting any fuel into my Aisan carb and I can't figure out why. Going to pull the hoses to see if the pump has failed or if there is a blockage somewhere. I also need to re-route my fuel lines as I had several vapor lock events doing the Rubicon.

Where ya at? I can give you a hand. I’m in bankers hill area.
I live downtown in East Village, but I keep my rig in my folks garage in Carlsbad. I appreciate the willingness to help.

I had a similar issue. After checking the gas tank, new fuel filter, new pump, cleaning the carb, I punted and ordered a rebuilt carb. That fixed it.

Frank

I had a similar issue. After checking the gas tank, new fuel filter, new pump, cleaning the carb, I punted and ordered a rebuilt carb. That fixed it.

Frank

Carb has already been rebuilt. I have inspected the fuel tank and it's spotless. My next step is to test the fuel pump. I suspect that is the culprit. I've been so busy with work and since the rig is 40 minutes north of me, I haven't been driving her much. Maybe fuel filter from bad gas??

1613598153762.png

I can help ya out this weekend. Can you get it down here? Or is it stuck in Carlsbad?
Thank you! I can't get her started. But besides, I'm out of town until tomorrow until next Tuesday.

I sure hope so as I plan to be there!

Frank

We are on for tomorrow night!!!

I'm already here...where is everyone??

Was hoping to make it out tonight, but my son has baseball from 5:30-7 in Carlsbad, so i'm stuck. Next month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom