Events/Trails Beach 'N' Toys - Christmas Party Run #2 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
Since there seems to be issues with one day for the run, folks with family, school, prior commitments, ETC, we have decided on two runs. @Justsendit will lead run #1 and be deciding on how we spend the $100 for the members coming to the event, ie run. I will be doing a run on December 26th out Anza for those that want to come. Planning on meeting at the Lake Henshaw Café and at 0800 with leave time 0830. Plans of Arroyo Seco del Diablo, the dreaded drop, and some fish creek stuff and maybe out to Sand Stone canyon with final spot out on BLM land by the shooting range for dinner and camping. Open to ideas how we want to potluck this and spend our cash on meat...or what. Jump in and let me know.

Food List-
@Cruiser Bauers - 10 lbs of pollo asada, tortillas, and salsa.
@hamilt0n - chips, refried beans, and homemade salsa fresca---:cheers::cheers:
My buddy is bring cheese, guac and some snacks before dinner.

Last edited:
This run is likely going to work for me.

I was at the drop last weekend, it's very mild right now. I also drove my sister's stock AWD 4 runner down it without issue.
All fun taken out of it.

I went down it about a month ago and it was super easy. The week before that Kay's son Justin went up Diablo drop-off in my old '95 80 with stock tires; to be fair he said was following some Jeeps and he did have to air down and engage the e-lockers to get up the steep-ish part.

So... This trip is about a week away... Who's coming so we can figure out dinner on Saturday night??

Looking good here!

Frank

Bauer's, plus one jeep friend and Frank and family so far...anyone else??

Bauer's, plus one jeep friend and Frank and family so far...anyone else??

Boyfriend and I are hoping to come, but we'd only be out there for the day as I unfortunately have work early Sunday morning.

Want to. Checking family plans and schedule...

Seriously... my little puppy has a barfing issue @ about the 5 mile mark every time. We are working on it. Linda will stay home with the pup and set me free to go for the weekend. Checking with Carl and my neighbor Jeff if they want to go. BTW, I was still experiencing suspension noise issues after the most recent fix so Toyota just did a $4,000 warranty job on my rig this week to try and fix the horrendous suspension clanking noise we were hearing on previous runs. Replaced some KDSS system components and my front sway bar. We'll see what happens.

Lets hope it's fixed!!! Great on you coming and lets hope the other two come.

My dad might bring his gx. Anyone know if the cafe is open?

Don't think the café will be open. Here is the plan. Meet at 0800 and wheels rolling at 0830. Hit Arroyo Seco del Diablo. From there to mud caves...hike and check those out. Back on trail and down the drop to the wind caves. That is a almost a 2 mile hike, so some time for that. The work out to Fish Creek area and to BLM area. Dinner is planned there with a Polo Asada meal on tap. I have the meat and tortillas handled and looking for the other parts. Drop in here what you want to bring!!! See everyone on the trail morning.

Bringing chips, refried beans and home made salsa fresca.

We are likely going to head back for dinner.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom