Be Safe ... don't be stupid like me. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pappy

photosynthesizing
Threads
Not saying what dumb a$$ thing I was doing in the garage. It was stupid. Just engage brain before doing anything on your vehicles, or around the house, or ....

Just in time for Halloween.

Head booboo.jpg

Oh crap!!! I’ll bet that bled like crazy!
Please let us know if you need anything but don’t wanna go outside and scare people

Last edited:
I think Pappy is just trying to keep up with all the kids these days and got his cranium pierced. What's next, branding?
BTDT. It's called welding freckles.

SUM-b10tchz!!!! Mend fast Pappy! (Though them stitches look totally metal, I am sure they don't feel that way...)
Some shop mantra and material from my safety orientation for UNM. I try and watch for these as much as possible in myself.

1)Rushing
2)Complacency
3)Frustration
4)Fatigue
5)Mind not on task
6)Eyes not on task
(also known as "Hand on this Mind on that")
7)Balance/Traction/Grip
8)Line-of-Fire
Screenshot 2020-10-14 150042.png

Glad you're relatively ok, Pappy. I've got a friend that took a head injury while working on his farm. He is now fighting to find his motor skills. So, yeah, life can change fast. Everyone take care, especially you Pappy.

Well, at least they didn't have to shave your head.
Heal up quick!

Those staples are pretty cool. I keep a couple of the staplers in my med kit.

At least it will be easy to show off the scar when you're trying to impress the ladies.

Hope you heal up soon. Take good care of those stitches .

Just did a stupid thing yesterday. I guess I am not as strong as I used to be.

Was cleaning off my welding table to get started on a project. Needed to move my mini mill out of the way. I bear hugged it and slid it off the edge. Once it was off I realized it was too heavy, but by that time it was too late. I either needed to set it down, or drop it. I should have dropped it. While I was trying to lower it I felt a little pain in my back. As I got a little lower the pain was awful. I was able to set the mill down, but then I went down too. Ended up laying on the garage floor until I could figure out a way to get up. I think I pulled a muscle in my back.

One of these days my stubborn dumb a$$ will learn to ask for help.

Agree. Us old, stubborn folks need to start rethinking how we do stuff.

Just did a stupid thing yesterday. I guess I am not as strong as I used to be.

Was cleaning off my welding table to get started on a project. Needed to move my mini mill out of the way. I bear hugged it and slid it off the edge. Once it was off I realized it was too heavy, but by that time it was too late. I either needed to set it down, or drop it. I should have dropped it. While I was trying to lower it I felt a little pain in my back. As I got a little lower the pain was awful. I was able to set the mill down, but then I went down too. Ended up laying on the garage floor until I could figure out a way to get up. I think I pulled a muscle in my back.

Hope you heal up soon. Time for a little Rehab.

Agree. Us old, stubborn folks need to start rethinking how we do stuff.
You can trust @pappy on this. He has lots of experience with being old. ;)

Oh man, lower back issues are the worst. Take it easy, ice it and PT it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom