BBQ Pig Roaster/Smoker (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
I am picking up my Meadow Creek Pig Roaster/Smoker on 21 January in North Carolina...as I could not find anyone in the area that built them how I wanted for a price comparable to what I am paying for this one. I have not found anything bad about these roasters and smokers save for one or two out of thousands read.....the biggest complaint is that once you get into their competition models (trailers and larger capacity) they are a little pricy. They acnowledge this but offer many additional options as STANDARD that their competitors do not. They are most commonly compared to LANG Smokers but say when you compare their 36" original smoker against the Meadow Creek SQ36 smoker....and notice the included stainless steel food grade cooking surfaces...so while the Lang is slightly less...you get a lot more for your money other than brand loyalty. Such as MC has sliding ash pan in firebox for easy cleanup and lang doesnt, MC has adjustable postive lock latches while lang uses homemade lever types on theirs, MC are food grade stainless steel and have 25 yr warranty on grates alone against rusting...langs are regular steel...on MC tank (rounded end)smoker the grates both slide out and are locked so they dont tip while the lang grates do not slide out....and the MC can get a VIN number if smoker is mounted on trailer for ease in registration where needed with DMV....MC also has option to insulate the firebox, install stainless steel work shelves and TS models even have warming boxes. Anyhow....Meadow Creek is no fly by night setup...

PR42-Pig-Roaster_0.jpg

The cookers are made in Pennsylvania and the closest dealer is south of Asheville....Mine is one of two, he used last year for competitions and as backups at his restaurant...at a good savings.

I am getting the PR42 model with the optional charcoal/wood pull out drawer so you can add wood or charcoal without lifting lid and losing heat. Also makes for easier cleanup and protects bottom of unit from heat. I can do up to a 100lb pig whole on there (dressed weight) and as many as 10-11 briskets, shoulders, or 6 slabs of ribs. You can get the 2nd Tier Cooking Grate as well which I will likely pick up too.

There is also a slightly smaller PR36 that was his other competition cooker available for $700.
PR36-Backyard-BBQ-Smoker_1.jpg

It also includes the optional charcoal pull out drawer but then also comes standard with the grease/grill pan that is optional on all others. This grease/grill pan allows you to put charcoal on it and cook with direct heat for steaks, chicken, burgers, brats, etc....instead of having to put it in very bottom as you would for cooking pigs, ribs, briskets, etc for Low and Slow and smoke cooking. This cooker is normally about $1100....but he is selling for $700 if any of you are interested or your family members are. This smaller one can handle a suckling pig whole dressed up to 50lbs...5-6 briskets or buttes and 2-3 racks of ribs. This one would actually do everything I need as I do a 50lb pig once or twice a year but would need something larger if I started doing more or increasing the size or amount of meat being cooked so opted to step to next size now.

I am going up there anyhow so can throw it on the trailer if needed and save you shipping or a trip yourself. It is only $200 more than the cheap Chargrill and Oklahoma Joe cookers at Lowes or Home Depot that will burn through and rust out in a year or less. These will last a lifetime...

The Pig Roaster/Smoker design has been around for over 30 years....so they have been doing this a while and have a large following in TN, VA, MD, PA, OH, etc....and starting to in Florida.

Here is link for the factory...
http://meadowcreekbarbecue.com/

Here is link for their largest online dealer as I like their site better for getting info and learning about these cookers.
http://www.smokymtbarbecue.com/

Here are links for the PR36 cooker itself so you can see what it offers and see about the pull out charcoal drawer. The cooker alone is $725 and the charcoal drawer is another $195 plus shipping. Buying his used one for $700 is over $300 savings once you count shipping freight as well.
http://www.smokymtbarbecue.com/store/PR36_Backyard_BBQ_Smoker-pid-94-4.html#.UPBWpHf28gw

He does have a brand new BBQ42 Chicken Cooker but unless you cook a lot of chicken for business, church, etc....not sure how much you would use it...but it is slick.

Anyhow not trying to sell anything but instead inform as to the well made and fairly priced (at least in the entry level backyard and enthusiast models) cooker that will last a lifetime if you were looking but did not want to pay for someone to throw one together that had never done it before...or pay $1500-2000 for a simple basic model without many of the features included in this one.

I tried to find someone within 75 miles and had no luck...found plenty that would make me one but a basic system without all the extras such as charcoal drawer, stainless steel food grade cooking surface, heat deflector/grease pan, etc...was $1800.

Anyhow..if interested let me know so I can let the gentleman know to hold it for me and then you can give me the money to make the purchase for you. Wife and I will likely drive up on Sunday afternoon, 20 Jan...return evening of 21 Jan with the cookers. You can meet me then or if near my route or the UHaul dealer when I return later that night....can drop it off to you.

Just let me know. I will need to know BEFORE morning of 20 January, Sunday.....and have your money at that time as well to pay for the cooker and bring it back to you.

Last edited:
I need to borrow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom