BBCNN Pevine Run for October 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

interesting.. you will have to give us some feedback on what you think about the LizardSkin. I have seen a few guys do it but most end up doing some sort of DynaMat type product.

interesting.. you will have to give us some feedback on what you think about the LizardSkin. I have seen a few guys do it but most end up doing some sort of DynaMat type product.

So far I love it! The difference in noticeable already. The panels don't "ting" now when I tap them with metal, they "thunk" and the echo in the vehicle is reduced considerably. I did the metal under the headliner and put my hand on the metal on top and it hurt, the other side of the metal was cool to the touch. The true test will be driving it around and letting the powertrain get nice and hot. I'll consider it a success if I can put my bare feet on the floor without pain!

I have used Dynamat on all my projects up to now. I will probably still use it for doors and upper firewalls where spraying is more difficult. However, Lizard Skin is way cheaper than Dynamat. All in with both sound and thermal + the application kit was under $300. Doing the same amount of coverage with mats would have been a lot more. I think full matting on my last Mustang was over $1000.

Okay the Bronco is back in one piece, gassed up and ready for Saturday. I just need to make sure things are good with my daughter but otherwise I am good to go.

@gregnash, I'll keep you posted. I ran the Bronco around for a while tonight. Sound is definitely improved an the floor pans a cooler but I may do another coat or two at some point to cool it down even more.

Is this the meet location?
upload_2018-10-26_19-44-17.png

We had fun! Probably not the path Tony intended, we ran up to Peavine peak, then down to Cold Springs, back over to the crystal mine, then out through Dog Valley and Verdi.