BBCNN Meeting for November 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN Club meeting:
Meeting 11 2019 Reno

Date: Thursday November 14, 2019

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Place: Round Table Pizza, 185 Damonte Ranch Parkway, Reno

Agenda
  1. Nominations for club positions
  2. Club run for November
  3. Land Use
  4. Accounting report.
  5. Suggestions, ideas, questions, new business.
  6. Tech discussions🔧
New and Continued Business:
  1. If you have a new address/phone number or e-mail address, let us know.
  2. Club shirts are for sale.
  3. If anyone needs help with a repair let us know. This is an open invitation.

Sorry guys, had other stuff going on as we prep for winter and whatnot. I would like to say that I have "downtime" but really that just doesn't seem to happen with us. I know, first world problems, but I can still complain can't I???

Wanna start a poll to see if we can get a trail run planned. Ryan from Toyotally Awesome Cruisers might join us if we can get one arranged. It might be cold, but I am up for a one night camp out somewhere.

Suggestions?

My choices for camping are always Deer Valley trail, Fordyce Trail and The Rubicon. It just seems hard for my old body to go camp at other trails that are close when my bed is only an hour away🥶. But I'm game for anything. Gold Lake is a nice one as well. Most of the trail is 2+ friendly. And the Lake is beautiful and you can camp right on it.🏖

My choices for camping are always Deer Valley trail, Fordyce Trail and The Rubicon. It just seems hard for my old body to go camp at other trails that are close when my bed is only an hour away🥶. But I'm game for anything. Gold Lake is a nice one as well. Most of the trail is 2+ friendly. And the Lake is beautiful and you can camp right on it.🏖

I don't think my poor Bronco could handle The Rubicon or Fordyce! 33s, no lockers, no winch... Gold Lake sounds interesting! I had hoped to make it out to the Ruby Mountains this fall to see Lamoille Canyon, but I don't think I can swing it this year. I hear it is like something out of a Tolkien novel though.

I don't think my poor Bronco could handle The Rubicon or Fordyce! 33s, no lockers, no winch... Gold Lake sounds interesting! I had hoped to make it out to the Ruby Mountains this fall to see Lamoille Canyon, but I don't think I can swing it this year. I hear it is like something out of a Tolkien novel though.
Not sure what it is like after the fires last year, I think a lot of it burned. That and it is a lot of windshield time to get there.

@hairy_apple (AKA Ryan) and his Toyotally Awesome Land Cruisers club is doing a club run/camping trip to Pierce creek/Fordyce and on to Eagle Lake Nov 16 & 17 provided there isn't a ton of snow.

Would anyone like to join up with them? A joint club run and camping trip would be a lot of fun!

He said they could meet us at the staging area around 10AM. Our club could... "pre-meet" at the Chevron & Lucky's Travel Plaza at 9 to fuel up before driving a short ways (7 mins) to meet with Ryan and his gang.

What do ya'l think? Anyone game?

Last edited:
Hey Tony could you post up a rating of the trail or maybe a video. It looks like it might be a bit tough for some stock rigs. There is a You Tube video of the Nor Cal guys doing it in stock vehicles and yikes. One 4 runner caved his stock slider and they didn't make it in to far before turning around. Eagle Lake trail looks to be the first of the fordyce trail. It includes driveline hill but there is a bypass for that. That hill is a solid 4. Just so people know. I am open to this but probably wouldn't camp. Just hang out then drive out before it got to cold to drive home at 8000ft over Donner. It appears to be a short trail(.08 miles). Maybe combining the two trails would make a day of it.

Hey, yes, Eagle lakes is the first part of Fordyce, but the first section is not insane. Driveline hill bypass is a little rocky getting up to, but we will be in my stock lx450. I have zero interest in wrecking it!!!

We are going to go down to Pierce creek along the river, then up to Eagle lakes for those want to. Pierce creek is very easy, a rough dirt road with some rocks. I very well may have my wife drive the LX while I cruise around on my CT90. Lol

This is more of a hang out in the Sierras then a long trail run, but Fordyce is there to play on too. Up to the first water crossing is fun and not insane. It's really up to whoever shows up with what vehicles what we will do that day.