Events/Trails BBCNN Meeting for January 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN club meeting:
Meeting 1 2020 Reno

Date: Thursday January 9th, 2020

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Place: Round Table Pizza, 185 Damonte Ranch Parkway, Reno

Agenda
  1. New club run
  2. Land Use
  3. Accounting report.
  4. Suggestions, ideas, questions, new business. Swearing in of new officers.
  5. Tech discussions🔧
New and Continued Business:

1. If you have a new address/phone number or e-mail address, let us know.
  2. Club shirts are for sale. Just a couple left. We will be putting together a new order.
  3. If anyone needs help with a repair let us know.
This is an open invitation.

Awesome... Another question.. I remember borrowing a toyota axle nut socket (54mm) from someone but can't remember who. Going to need to service the fronts on this rig (needs new hub flanges at very least) in the very near future. Don't need right this moment but probably within the next month or so.

I have a socket for that Greg. I scraped the one you used cause it was cheap and didn't really fit well. The one I have now is much better. Does a 100 series still use that big of socket? I can bring the stickers and the socket to my office and you can pick them up there. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this meeting as a family member is having surgery and I need to be there for aftercare. It is elective but still takes me away from another 2nd Thursday of the month.:frown: I hate missing our meetings.:(

I have a socket for that Greg. I scraped the one you used cause it was cheap and didn't really fit well. The one I have now is much better. Does a 100 series still use that big of socket? I can bring the stickers and the socket to my office and you can pick them up there. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this meeting as a family member is having surgery and I need to be there for aftercare. It is elective but still takes me away from another 2nd Thursday of the month.:frown: I hate missing our meetings.:(
Yup still uses that for the axles retention. If you want me to come by your office you can hit my cell. 775/twotwozero9zero82 and I can stop by on my way home for lunch or after my day is done.

Awesome... Another question.. I remember borrowing a toyota axle nut socket (54mm) from someone but can't remember who. Going to need to service the fronts on this rig (needs new hub flanges at very least) in the very near future. Don't need right this moment but probably within the next month or so.
You got a 100 right? If so you will want to buy a selection of the snap rings in different thicknesses before you dismantle the front hubs.

You got a 100 right? If so you will want to buy a selection of the snap rings in different thicknesses before you dismantle the front hubs.
Yeah, Curt has a kit for all that stuff when I replace the hub flanges. Will work with CruiserOutfitters to get everything I need.

Probably will end up calling on a few of you guys with 100s in the near future. New truck has the tell tale signs of brushes going out on the starter (dread click intermittently) and I know that @Espressoman had done this in the past (small write-up on it). Doesn't look like too intense of a R&R but would just like insight/help of someone that has attempted in the past if at all possible.

Probably will end up calling on a few of you guys with 100s in the near future. New truck has the tell tale signs of brushes going out on the starter (dread click intermittently) and I know that @Espressoman had done this in the past (small write-up on it). Doesn't look like too intense of a R&R but would just like insight/help of someone that has attempted in the past if at all possible.

I want to try to start doing "build parties" whenever we can to help one another. If we time it right, we can do the club meeting at the same time there at the person's house. Maybe we can line one up for you. Let's talk tonight! :)

Yeah that would be cool. I am kinda the odd man out seeing as Dan and I are pretty much the only ones that come from outside of Reno. But yeah, if someone wanted to offer up their garage for most of a day (job is like a 4-6hr job) while we had meeting and what not that would be rad and I would happily provide skill enhancing beverages.

The starter is located between the heads on the back of the block, you have to remove the intake plenum etc to get at it. Major PITA. spressomon helped me do mine.

The starter is located between the heads on the back of the block, you have to remove the intake plenum etc to get at it. Major PITA. spressomon helped me do mine.
Yup that is what I was explaining to the guys last night at the meeting. Job seems fairly straight forward, just time consumptive in remove and reattachment of different items, hoses, etc.

Yup that is what I was explaining to the guys last night at the meeting. Job seems fairly straight forward, just time consumptive in remove and reattachment of different items, hoses, etc.
It would be a lot easier with a trapeze, you spend a lot of time bent in a L shape reaching for those back bolts. There is also a huge potential to drop a fastener into a place beyond recovery.