BBCNN Meeting for February (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN club meeting:
Meeting two 2019 Reno

Date: Thursday February 14th 2019

Time: 6:30 p.m.

Place: Round Table Pizza, 185 Damonte Ranch Parkway, Reno

Agenda

1. Club run
2. Land Use issues.
3. Accounting report.
4. Suggestions, ideas, questions, new business.
5. Tech discussions:wrench:

New and Continued Business:

1. If you have a new address/phone number or e-mail address, let us know.
2. Club shirts are for sale. Extra shirts ready at this meeting.
3. If anyone needs help with a repair let us know.
This is an open invitation.

Last edited:
Hey Guys! We didn't pin down a run due to just a few of us present. Jumbo would be a good one with a twist on the route that would take us to that cool creek bed with trees overhanging it. And the hill that is made out of those hexagon rocks and the narrow trail that goes along a narrow ridge line. It comes out at the summit next to some homes on Gieger Grade. I have done it twice but as usual was in my transcendental wheeling mode and wasn't paying attention like I should have. BBumble was the trail leader and Rusty and Esressoman was on one that we had to turn around due to a snowy patch. Anyway if anyone can remember- that is the trail run we should put together for Feb. Hope someone can post up the details or even lead us! Shawn?

Anyone interested in having a passenger for the next club run? I'd like to go, but my Bronco is out of commission until the summer.

Also, what date is the next meeting @Krusty Krab? It says "Date: Thursday February 2019" :)

Tony you are always welcome to ride along with me if I have an open seat. The weather has and will shut down most areas for our runs these winter months. Looking forward to an early spring to hit the trails again. Late May for Sierra trails and late February for desert trails.What happened to your Bronco? Thanks for the heads up on the date issue.

Tony you are always welcome to ride along with me if I have an open seat. The weather has and will shut down most areas for our runs these winter months. Looking forward to an early spring to hit the trails again. Late May for Sierra trails and late February for desert trails.What happened to your Bronco? Thanks for the heads up on the date issue.

Thanks Mark! My Bronco has a mystery... whirrr that turns into an outright screech depending on throttle position and also sometimes goes away on its own. It doesn't seem to impact performance, but it is driving me nuts. Especially since I cannot reproduce it while sitting still. I could be a vacuum leak... it could be the input shaft bearing in the trans... It could be the new PCV valve, a loose EGR hose behind the motor, or maybe even the fuel pressure regulator I replaced a few months ago. I just haven't had the motivation to troubleshoot yet. I also seem to have a failing heater core. Combine that with my lack of desire to spend money on anything other than my 40 project, and I am letting the Bronco sit for a bit.

Hey guys (@Krusty Krab) a while ago I had talked with everyone at one of the meetings that my neighbor was working for the state bureau of land management and his boss was looking to work with some of the local offroading groups with regards to Land Use and and other trail related programs.

I found a message from him on my phone from a few weeks ago (dont remember ever getting it but the message is still there) and he said he was interested in joining us for one of our meetings to talk. His name is Paul Aymer, do we want to have him come and talk at next months meeting? Mark I can private message you his info if you would like.

Greg that sounds like a great idea. We have done that before(i'm guessing 3 years ago). March meeting would be better so the turnout would more appropriate for a guest speaker. Last time it was informative with them promoting their off road course/area in mid NV. I think we were more interested at that time in finding a trail to host. So ya maybe hear about both. Why do we bring it up at the next meeting. Anything is better than listening to me:confused:

Wow... You guys are brave! Club meeting on valentine's day. :) I will be traveling for work... again. So I won't be there. :( I too will have some making up to do when I get home.

Wow... You guys are brave! Club meeting on valentine's day. :) I will be traveling for work... again. So I won't be there. :( I too will have some making up to do when I get home.
Didn't even realize the date, for some reason I thought V-Day was on Wednesday. Well with that NOT being the case I will not be at this months meeting.

Oh boyo_O, that one slipped by me. In my defense-I have been trained so well, everyday at my house is Valentines day. We usually go out to dinner the weekend before or after the holiday. My wife doesn't like chocolates and thinks flowers are a waste of $$. So ya, I get her a card take her to dinner and were good for another year. Totally understand if you guys can't make it. We'll miss you, see you in March!
The weather certainly isn't conducive to wheeling(unless it is a snow run). We will post up if we decide on a run. We will still have the meeting. It may be just me-but I'll be there.:cheers:

Last edited:
Mark, Don't forget to talk about having the local guy come and talk to the group. I plan on getting back to him to let him know we are discussing on a date.