BBCNN Deer Valley Trail Run 7/14/2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN 07/14/18

Trail: Deer Valley

Description: Deer Valley is a trail suited for mildly modified rigs, if you can make it past the gate keeper you should be fine for the rest of the trail. Deer Valley will have just opened July and has been closed for since November. It is one of the most beautiful trails in the Sierras.

Date: Saturday, 7/14/2018

Leave Time: 8:10 am

Meeting Location: Maverick Gas Station in Minden on HWY 88
Click here for Directions

Trail Difficulty:Mostly 1-2 some sections of Deer Valley 3 For those who want to run this in their lightly modified rigs we can go in from the Hope Valley Side and do the "esier" part and then walk some of the more difficult sections to see if you want to continue. If not it would be easy to go right back out the same way. This woud include half the trail and two beautiful river crossings. Lift, 4 wheel drive, good tires needed for the the "easy " part

Duration of Run: Sat. full trail under 3 hours. Half trail and then out same way about 2 hours

Tread Lightly / 146.460

Damn this looks like a good area to scout for new campgrounds. Tahoe is just getting to ridiculous with their regulation changes towards "drive up" campers and reservable sites being geared towards RV/Trailer campers.

Tons of camping in Hope Valley and Blue lakes campground(pg&e site). Just at the first river crossing are some great sites and your rig would be perfect for getting there. I like camping away from people and usually the place is people free. Fire restrictions go in effect on the 16th.

The only offroad modification my Bronco has is an improved departure angle trail mod.

MVIMG_20180422_121226.jpg

Do you think they'd let me in?

Well I went on this run and the trail was as beautiful as I remember. HWY 4 ebbets pass was closed due to some bike ride. So everyone was coming in Hope Valley side, as I did. Counted 16 rigs coming in. I was on my way out so had to wait for a few rigs but they were cool so no problemo. Trail is just a bit rougher than I remember but still doable in a lifted rig. Did it in my 89 4 runner back in 2014 and just had to pick an easy clean line. Takes some time but can be done. The 4 runner was stock except for 2 inch lift and 33 inch tires.
The reason the trail was closed has been fixed, and was minor to what I thought would have been done. Greenys just wanted to close the trail as usual. Big ass green gate at the beginning of the trail on the 88 side. Only open when the trail is "dry"-6 weeks after sensor 3 is dry(???). Oh wel. Trail is isn't really passable on the 4 side until it's dry anyway. Snow stays long in the shade.

Wish I'd been home for this one. Instead I was up at good old Camp Fleischmann, normally good fun except I was sick the whole week. Would rather have been wheeling.

Good ole Camp Fleschmann. Probably hot and dusty as ever. Sorry you were sick.:frown:
Will, It is a great trail. You would like it with a good spotter(not me) and plenty of time to be patient. Saw quite a few fisherman at the river below the dam. And it was nice and cool until I got in the valley on the way home. HOT as the :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom