BBCNN Club to Stampede,Verdi PK. etc with Toytally Awesome Cruisers a TLCA club. Camping Sat. night (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Day: Saturday July 6 and 7th if camping--See Thread "Joint Club Run"

Description: North of 80 to Verdi Pk. and surrounding areas

Meet: Maverick: Gas Station 995 Ambassador Drive, Reno 89523
Meet Time 9:00
Leave time: 9:30

Trail Leader: Tony

Difficulty: Ok for stock with maybe some tough washouts

Bring: Lunch for Saturday. Gear for camping, Food and water etc.

Looks like were in, in my pickup. My wife an daughter want to tag along. See you Sat. the 6th. Not sure if we will do the whole run but looking forward to Stampede Res. Not camping:(

I think I might paint a house instead, wheelin or house painting, tough call right?

Looks like were in, in my pickup. My wife an daughter want to tag along. See you Sat. the 6th. Not sure if we will do the whole run but looking forward to Stampede Res. Not camping:(

Ok. We will do the run to Stampede on day 1 and retreat back to a campsite after that.

There is a one spot in the trail that had a very serious approach/departure angle last July. It may be worse now... I'm concerned about your pickup in that spot. It was the area that finally finished off the rear bumper on my Bronco. It is tighter and steeper than the last hill heading to the petroglyphs. Fair warning! :)

Here's the spot I'm talking about (arrow)

There is an alternative up Henness Pass Road in Verdi that will get you down to Stampede, but it will cut 70% of the run out of your day too.

Last edited:
Well of course I didn't realize that the 6th and 7th were part of a long holiday weekend and the campsites up there are open. There's a chance that there won't be room for camping. We will still have a good day run if that ends up being the case.

I'm still on for tomorrow. I was thinking of bringing two kayaks for Stampede:hmm:. But if I can't get past the "hard part" will it be a short trip and wasted effort to bring the boats? Anyway see you guys at the Maverick.:cool:

I'm still on for tomorrow. I was thinking of bringing two kayaks for Stampede:hmm:. But if I can't get past the "hard part" will it be a short trip and wasted effort to bring the boats? Anyway see you guys at the Maverick.:cool:

No there is an easy way around the tough spot. Just a bit of a back track to get out. You'll need to go about 30 back to Peavine Peak, then take the service road North to 395 South, to 80 West. You can either go up Hennessy Pass road in Verdi or go all the way down to 194 Boca/Stampede offramp.

We may all end up backing out of the trail since I haven't been up there in over a year. Who knows what the snowfall did up there this winter!

Ok just saw your message. Not much for backtracking. If I can't do it I may just bail and do a sand harbor sunset kayak trip. But it will be beautiful up there, Hope we can do it.:steer:

We had a great time! We had eight rigs. Four from TAC and four from BBC ... well one guy from Reno who isn't in the club... yet! Only five of us camped but we used the site I've been wanting to use since I found. Here's some more pics...

80 West is straight ahead and Sunflower Peak is to the left. I propose Sunflower for our next overnight (hopefully more than 1) trip. We'll need to wait until the end of September/early October for things to dry out up there. I have heard it is like driving through the Rockies though.

A huge thank you to @hairy_apple and his fellow "Toyotally Awesome guys" for making the long trek to Reno.

Last edited:
Man, great weekend! Thank you guys for trip, we had a really good time. It was great to meet you all.

Thanks for showing around your area. It was a great trip, and I had a great time. Look forward to more trips.

Looks like we bailed before the best part of the trip. My pick up would have been touch and go on that crossing. Probably would have done the bypass.
Thanks for the pictures of our beautiful hills. Nice to meet the Totally Awesome Cruisers. Nice campsite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom