Events/Trails BBCNN Christmas tree run Nov. 29 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBCNN Run on Friday November 29, 2019 Day after Thanksgiving

Kings Canyon to Spooner Summit weather permitting. This could be a snow run

Description: Easy run with breathtaking views of surrounding Valley. Trail winds through pines, Aspens and Willows to high elevations. Starts in Carson City up Kings Canyon. If your going and you want to cut a tree then let me know and I will pick up a permit for you. 10.00 and you can just pay me back. Post up if your going and/or cutting

Date: 11/29/2109

Leave time: 10:00 am

Trail Leader: Mark

Meeting Place: Savemart parking lot in North Carson City across from 7-11. Gas available there. 3620 N. Carson Street Carson City 89703

Trail difficulty is mostly 1 with some places that are 2 due to rutting and some rocky sections. No lockers or armor needed. I did it in 2 wheel. If more than a five inches of snow we will just go up Hwy 50 to Spooner and cut anywhere around the top. Can cut anywhere in the Carson District.

Duration: About 2 to 2 1/2 hours if we take our time

We will be Treading lightly as always.

Ham radio 146.460

Sadly, I don't think I'll make this run. I am trying to work out a trip to Grass Valley to drop off my tub (still bare metal... still outside!) at a friend's shop before I go to Detroit on Monday. I think Friday will be the only day I MIGHT be able to pull it off... provided Donner will let me through.

I'll be down there but it looks like a snow run if anyone shows up. We had snow all night. Just got the driveway spic and span and it had about 5 inches on it. We will show pics if we go.

I stayed at home. Too much going on.

No one showed up on Friday so my daughter and I went on Saturday. Lots of snow and we had to hike a bit in the snow to find a tree. Had fun though.☃

No one showed up on Friday so my daughter and I went on Saturday. Lots of snow and we had to hike a bit in the snow to find a tree. Had fun though.☃

Sorry I didn't make it. :( I'm probably done for the rest of the year now. Too much going on with work and home and holidays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom