Bay Area peeps, looking for input on Ledesma shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to look at an 80 this weekend that the seller says the engine was redone at Ledesma recently, hone, rings and head gasket. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the shop.

**UPDATE**

These are the parts the seller used. I've never heard of this engine kit brand. Has anyone here heard of or used it? If so is it ok or did they just take all the reliability of the trusted Toyota name? I don't mind walking away from this truck if this rebuild kit isn't great, I have a 100 series lined up as well that is in good shape with a new timing belt and water pump.

123_1 2.jpg

123_1 3.jpg

123_1 4.jpg

123_1.jpg

Looks kinda gross
Unfortunately that is what i was thinking, I may punt on this 80 and go with a clean 2001 100 series. I really like the look of the 80's but realistically what I'll probably be using it for a 100 will be ok. I really don't like that they put the no name injectors in it and changed the injector connectors on top of the questionable $50 timing set. Fingers crossed this other person gets back to me for a different 80 I found tonight, otherwise Sunday or Monday I'll probably be the owner of a 100 series.

Walk away? No, you run as fast as you can away from it.:rofl:
Just looking at that parts list I can tell you that it may not last or it will just fail sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom