1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bay Area, CA recommendations

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by Hi Trek, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Hi Trek

Hi Trek

Can anyone give me some good recommendations in the Bay Area, CA for the following:

1) Toyota Dealer Service Departments
    2) Independent Toyota Service Centers
    3) Shops that would install a lift kit, diff drop and shocks

I need my 90K service done and want a very trustworthy and capable shop to do it.

Also, I'd like to purchase the lift kit, etc. from Slee and have it installed somewhere locally. Again, by an outfit or person that know what the heck they're doing.

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

2. hoser

hoser SILVER Star

I did my timing belt at Melrose Motors in SF. They do not specialize in Toyota but they are a reputable and professional shop. They charged $360 in labor. I supplied all the parts including the water pump.

I have heard good things about Gary at Mudrak in Sonoma. They do specialize in Land Cruisers and can definitely do your suspension. http://www.mudrak.com/

3. dieselbigot

dieselbigot

For your lift installation, Mudrak is great if he can fit you in...he's pretty busy. In CA I don't think you'de find anyone who knows as much about Cruisers as him.

MCC (Mudrak custom cruisers) 707-292-3509.

4. Shipwreck

Shipwreck SILVER Star

Media:
    I'll give a second nod to Mudrak.

I've also been a regular at the parts desk at Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose. I can't comment on their service department as I do everything myself, but they are a TLCA member business and they offer a 25% discount on all parts to TLCA members.

5. Hi Trek

Hi Trek

Great info folks, thank you... I've already bought a few parts from SV Toyota since I work down there but weren't super impressed by their service department.

I'll be sure to check into Mudrak, I've already phoned and left email for them.

Hoser, I'll be checking into Melrose about the 90K since I live in SF and hopefully they'll be great so I won't have to travel very far...

Thanks again everyone!

HT

6. okie

okie

hey don't forget up in Gilroy theres Rons shop

customcruiserfj40.com

his price is reasonable and hes a GREAT guy!

7. Mike S

Mike S

Mudrak for the specialty stuff. None better.

For a dealership, check Stevens Creek Toyota in Santa Clara/Cupertino. TLCA discounys on parts.

M

8. rockclmbr

rockclmbr

There is a shop I had the 90k t-belt, H2O pump, etc in Fremont that I highly recommend called Zipin-Out Auto.