Battery / power issue 2013 LC 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having an issue when I get in my truck sometimes it will go dead for a minute. lights off dead. then it comes back to life on its own in a few seconds and starts as normal. if it does not I can bang on the battery connection and it comes back alive. It does not seem to have a week battery afterward and turns over strong. I just cleaned the battery posts and cables. and it still did it. almost like I have a bad battery cable????? is there anything else that could cause this? bad connection someplace else? It may be a coincidence that banging on the cable/post works as most time it came back alive before I have done that.

I am having an issue when I get in my truck sometimes it will go dead for a minute. lights off dead. then it comes back to life on its own in a few seconds and starts as normal. if it does not I can bang on the battery connection and it comes back alive. It does not seem to have a week battery afterward and turns over strong. I just cleaned the battery posts and cables. and it still did it. almost like I have a bad battery cable????? is there anything else that could cause this? bad connection someplace else? It may be a coincidence that banging on the cable/post works as most time it came back alive before I have done that.
Did you clean the inside of the terminals and the posts until they are shiny? I thought i had cleaned mine once, but they were still pretty dark gray, and I was having the same issue. I narrowed it down to the battery to terminal connection by testing voltage between the two posts and comparing that to the voltage from the positive terminal to the negative terminal and found i was missing some volts. I also found that my positive terminal was damaged. But I ran it with the shiny posts/terminal and damaged positive terminal for a few days while I waited for new terminals to arrive, and didn't have an issue.

Did you clean the inside of the terminals and the posts until they are shiny? I thought i had cleaned mine once, but they were still pretty dark gray, and I was having the same issue. I narrowed it down to the battery to terminal connection by testing voltage between the two posts and comparing that to the voltage from the positive terminal to the negative terminal and found i was missing some volts. I also found that my positive terminal was damaged. But I ran it with the shiny posts/terminal and damaged positive terminal for a few days while I waited for new terminals to arrive, and didn't have an issue.
Thanks I will get out the multi meter and check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom