Battery Maintainer Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got tired of the old battery maintainer with big alligator clamps that had to be removed every time and the hood latched.

Ordered a maintainer and waterproof plug receptable from Amazon, NOCO brand, and installed last night. Super easy and clean. May drop the AC cord from my ceiling to keep off the floor at a later date.

20230330_142620 (2).jpg
20230330_142655.jpg

Haven't seen Noco before, looking forward to your evaluation of it.

That's the one! Comes with a nice mounting bracket that is snaps into and a velcro strap to secure further. The plug is really nice. Used on RVs, etc.

That's the one! Comes with a nice mounting bracket that is snaps into and a velcro strap to secure further. The plug is really nice. Used on RVs, etc.
That looks really slick... gotta get me one! Until I get a legit heater for winter, then I can drive it more.

Does the power cord disconnect from the charge unit?
The maintainer has a 2 prong male plug that plugs into a 3 prong grounded female corded plug that comes out of the back of the receptable. But there is no reason to unplug it. You plug an extension cord into the external port (which has a 3 prong male plug).

I bought similar with a 12v plug, connected the pig tails to the battery and mounted the "maintainer" to the ceiling. (Stanley and Battery tender brands.)

So the only thing on the truck is the pigtails with the plug (and a cap for it). Pop the hood and the wire for it is hanging there.

Keeps me (and anyone else in the garage) from using that nice flat hood surface for a place to put things.... But would be easy enough to run the wires out around the grill and tie it to something, similar to block heaters, if you're parking outside and want the hood closed.

I have tried a few brands and moved to NOCO on my boats. Works well for me!

I have had a retractable cord reel in the ceiling of my last two garages- it's now a must-have for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom