Battery light does not work properly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi LC fans,

I am a "noobie" from Belgium and I am already bothering you with a problem. I also apologize for my English. This is not my native language.

I own an HDJ100 with a 1HD-FTE engine.
I have had a strange problem for a few days now.
When I turn on the ignition key, the battery light comes on for a split second and then goes off. All other dashboard lights work as usual.

I can start and drive and everything works as normal, but on battery power.
Because the alternator does not receive the necessary starting voltage without this light, the batteries no longer recharge.
The dashboard gauge indicates the battery voltage and not the charging voltage of slightly more than 14V as usual.
Charged batteries remain at 12.8V, so no problem with this. Since the bulb always lights up for a moment, it is not broken in my opinion.
Also all fuses checked and approved. The alternator has only run 15,000 miles and still looks like new. The wiring of this is also good.

I am betting on a disconnected or corroded connection that gives a spark when the ignition key goes on to light up the bulb for a split second but I don't know where to look first.
Is there anyone who has already dealt with such a problem or does anyone has any idea where to start this search.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom