battery keep going dead- bad alt connection

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Cruiserhead05, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05

I keep having problem with my battery going dead. it seems the problem is that the wire going from the alt to the battery has a plastic connector close the the battery. the connector has no snap or anything to keep it together, i taped it together and that worked for awhile...any suggestions. thanks

2. jm

jm

Not to be a smart ass but... you could replace the connector w/ one that stays together...

jm

3. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05

yes, seems like an easy fix but a new fusible link from sor is 75 bucks...ouch..and cheap fixes

4. s79bj40

s79bj40

you should be able to find cheap fusible link at almost all automotive electricians, but i was super cheap and replaced mine with slow blow blade fuses.

5. jm

jm

I removed the ends and used other connectors to reinstall the fusible link... didn't cause any problems.

jm

6. CruisinGA

CruisinGA

While on the topic of fusible links, I need one, my cruiser doesn't have one. How large should it be for a '74 with a stock charging system? I would guess 30-40 amps since the ammeter pegs at 30.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.