Battery Height Limit?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mudders,

Do you guys know what the max height for a battery is? I read that stock is 7.5" but I was thinking of buying either the Interstate MTZ-34 which is 7.8125" or the X2Power which is 8.75". I will buy a Stainless Steel Tray but I still don't know if that will make a difference in regards to the height allowed.

Thanks

I think the Group 34 will work. I'm running the stainlesss trays kit, with a group 27 hold down and using an optima 34/78 with the optima height adapter.

Stainless trays also sells an optima specific hold down that would not use the adapter.

27 is taller than the 34. 34's will work and are very common. 27's are sometimes hard to find. 27 is factory and puts the terminals quite close to the hood; no more room up.

Noel's SS trays are the bomb. Works of art and perfect fit. Definitely get the hold down for the battery you intend to use. I would stick with the 27's but that's just me. Lot's of guys are running the 34's.

This x2 power battery (group 27) with this added fuse terminal JUST fits under the hood. The rubber cap does not touch the metal hood. The SS battery hold down for this group 27 is not quite right but I added a rubber spacer to help it grip the battery.
39340785534_f43dbf0a08_z.jpg

This x2 power battery (group 27) with this added fuse terminal JUST fits under the hood. The rubber cap does not touch the metal hood. The SS battery hold down for this group 27 is not quite right but I added a rubber spacer to help it grip the battery.
39340785534_f43dbf0a08_z.jpg
Which SS battery hold down do you have?

Which SS battery hold down do you have?
The standard 27 one he sells. He made me a custom group 34 hold down before when I had a group 34. Great guy to work with.

Have X2 G27 (driver side. No mods) & G31 (passenger) under the hood..
G31 fits, but had to mod the terminals.
SSTrays does make G31 trays...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom