Battery drain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New ‘85 FJ60 owner here. Tons of issues but currently can’t turn over engine. Battery is new. Was starting fine then suddenly not. Can’t determine where the drain is. Any obvious ideas?

have you tested the battery to find out if it is dead?? My fusible link went bad at one point and that caused the sudden inability to start my 60, not the battery.

New ‘85 FJ60 owner here. Tons of issues but currently can’t turn over engine. Battery is new. Was starting fine then suddenly not. Can’t determine where the drain is. Any obvious ideas?
Not sure if I’ve found culprit but little bit of research tells me if I don’t completely remove key that it may drain battery. Will do so going forward. Thank you John Staton for feedback.

welcome down this rabbit hole @SoDakCruiser . will it start when boosted? i had the same sorta issue in my 4runner. it would start fine when boosted but a week later, nope, dead. boost it n away she goes. run it around on the weekend, no issues. park it for the week or two n same deal. turns out i was pulling the key out in the accessory position instead of the lock position. the tumbler on that beast was so worn i could start it with 3 different 'yota keys. good luck man.
n, oh yeah official welcome :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom