Battery drain, fuse 32 windows locks sunroof (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been plagued with a battery drain, 320 milliamps that has been killing the battery in around 3 days. I thought I traced it to the stereo circuit, which proved false. The draw is on the big fuse 32, which looks like it controls power windows, locks and sunroof. I need to start digging in and isolating systems but I am not surprised now that this is where I tracked the issue. The sunroof is inop, which I suppose could be related. I also have a situation where if I unlock only the drivers door, the alarm goes off. If i unlock all the doors, key or fob, the alarm will not go off. I also recently noticed upon swinging the doors, I can hear the lock actuators click sometimes, so I must have some fatigued or abraded wires in the harness which I suppose could also be causing troubles.

I know the remote unlock module is a brownish red box under the dash, does this control all the power locking? Or is there a separate module somewhere. Same with the windows and sunroof, is there a central module or are they traditional relay controlled systems on a 98 LX?

I went through several items on this circuit. I unplugged the window switches, mirror switch, remote keyless module, door lock module, sunroof.... and still had the constant draw. So unless there is a window module somewhere i can't find, I am assuming its the alarm module which is impossible to get to, or the seat module which is more effort than i care to expend. So, park it and unplug the fuse when it's going to sit for more than a couple hours is going to be the fix. I hate doing chicken s things like that but when Toyota insists on burying all these controls in impossible to reach places thats what I am left with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom