Battery dead, locked out, key only works in ignition. Options? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was just looking at the odds of having new key not working in any lock, so cleaning is not going to work.

Regards

Dave

In my case all three of my external key cylinders were gummed up from years of non-use. I had to free-up all of them using the method I detailed. The reason I figured out I had a problem is because I cut new keys and my first test was to see if the new keys would unlock the door. At that time I could not remember the last time I had used a key to enter the vehicle.

In my case all three of my external key cylinders were gummed up from years of non-use. I had to free-up all of them using the method I detailed. The reason I figured out I had a problem is because I cut new keys and my first test was to see if the new keys would unlock the door. At that time I could not remember the last time I had used a key to enter the vehicle.

Hmmmm, now your making me think about mine. I reckon in the last seven years I have used the drivers side key perhaps twice, tailgate once and passenger side never.......in fact, come think about it, I have never even noticed if there is a lock on the passenger side? :oops:

Regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom