Battery cable size - 2 or 4 awg (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace the cable lugs for the main cables going to the battery and want to get the correct crimp size. Are they 2 or 4 gauge?

Replace the entire cables not just the lug. It's not going to be that expensive. Upgrading the size dependent on what non-OEM equipment that has been added/configured. I would upgrade the battery to engine ground, battery positive to starter and any second battery cables if installed to a minimum of 0 gauge. Increase the battery to body ground to 4 gauge,

Replace the entire cables not just the lug. It's not going to be that expensive. Upgrading the size dependent on what non-OEM equipment that has been added/configured. I would upgrade the battery to engine ground, battery positive to starter and any second battery cables if installed to a minimum of 0 gauge. Increase the battery to body ground to 4 gauge,
That seems like a lot of work* to open up the conduit and reroute everything. What's wrong with cutting the existing cables and crimping on new eyelets?

*more work than I want to do

That seems like a lot of work* to open up the conduit and reroute everything. What's wrong with cutting the existing cables and crimping on new eyelets?

*more work than I want to do

To install new lugs you will need to cut the ends off to get clean copper shortening the cables which don't have much slack to begin with. Opening up the conduit is a trivial task.

Ok, I'll replace the entire cable.

For a completely unrelated reason, does anyone know if the existing cable is 2 or 4 awg?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom