Bathroom stalls

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

Which stall do you prefer? The closest restroom to me has 3 stalls 2 "regular" and 1 handicapped stall...as well as a number of urinals.

Which of the 3 would you choose?

We don't have anyone wheelchair bound working here...so the handicapped stall is more for ADA compliance than anything else...but you never know...someone could wheel in one day while you're in there...

Cruiserdrew

On the way there
SILVER Star

I don't venture into chat much, but you guys must be desparate for things to talk about. How about a choice #4-take your PETT to work and use it in your office? Then you WOULD have something to talk about! :flipoff2:

NorCalDoug

problems solved daily...

Cruiserdrew said:
I don't venture into chat much, but you guys must be desparate for things to talk about. How about a choice #4-take your PETT to work and use it in your office? Then you WOULD have something to talk about! :flipoff2:
One would quickly become the topic of many conversations...I'd do it, but I'd want the PUP tent deal that goes with it.

Welcome to the bowels of Chat...good to see you here. Must be slow going in 40/60/80s tech for you to wander in. :D

I was going to throw the "Urinal Test" on here...but couldn't find one that was both automated and didn't have a bunch of pop-ups (in the minute and a half I gave myself to find a good link)...plus, it might've been a repost.

6'5"
260 lbs

I have to admit that I'm not a small man
I hate the small stalls where you have to do acrobatic manuvers to get in and close the door.
I also hate stalls that have no coat hooks.
Handicap stalls also have more room for creative grafitti (to read of course)
If you take the handicapped stall, it is less likely that 2 gay guys will get busy in the bathroom. I had a friend who worked for the Sears store in Concord, CA and he said that their security was continually running the pirates out back in the late 80's, early 90's. They used it as a meeting place for butt piracy. The security would have to go in and kick the stall walls, yell, and tell them the cops were on the way, and the pirates would run out the door. If I was the guy working there, I'd have transfered or looked for a new place to work. Scary.

Cube Dweller

In the last building I found my own semi private restroom. Man it spoils a guy not having to deal with stalls. In the new building finding another semi private restroom was priority numero uno. Couple years ago during cost cutting they closed all but one lobby. The restroom off one of the closed ones sure is nice. Rarely occupied, rarely fouled, I give it a 9/10 on the public restroom scale. Lighting is a little dim caused the one pt ding.

You got it all wrong....#2 all the way.

As you can tell by the contributers here...the handicapped one is ALWAYS used most. And if you ever go in and that one is in use...you always choose the one farthest away....making stall #1 the 2nd most used. I always choose the one next to the handicapped stall. It's used less, GOT to be cleaner...and most of all. Less Likely to Find a Warm Seat. EEEWWWW :frown:

semlin

curmudgeon

Safado that is very scientific but unfortunately you are then in the middle so if anyone comes in they will sit right beside you. The handicaps usually have much better coathooks plus an armrest where you can balance your coffee and newspaper down while you are finishing up.

by the way, never read a newspaper on the table in a reception area that is near a toilet and a coffee machine :D.

Safado said:
You got it all wrong....#2 all the way.

As you can tell by the contributers here...the handicapped one is ALWAYS used most. And if you ever go in and that one is in use...you always choose the one farthest away....making stall #1 the 2nd most used. I always choose the one next to the handicapped stall. It's used less, GOT to be cleaner...and most of all. Less Likely to Find a Warm Seat. EEEWWWW :frown:
This may be true, but using a half dozen assgaskets and half a roll of t.p. reduces contact. :D They wouldn't put those in the stall if they didn't want them to be used, right?

I always use stall #3 at work. It's not handicapped though. It's just my favorite!!

Some TMI for everyone while we're on the subject, 90% of my stall use is at work. It's the weirdest thing. As soon as I get to work, (6:30 am) it's time! I very rarely if ever need to go at home!

I don't mind being next door to someone...we're both in there to stink it up. Plus, I don't get the whole reading thing...I'm in...pinch one off and out of there. Under a minute every time. Why would you take a snack and a good read in there anyway? Never understand that one.

To me, my pet peeve is the warm seat. Absolutly HATE sitting in a warm seat, with the toilet seat being the worst. I was in a training 2 weeks ago and coming back off of a break there was a big a$$ woman in my seat. She offered it back to me and I accepted it, but didn't sit down. When she asked why I explained the situation and that I was letting it cool down. The bigger the a$$, the more time must pass. No matter how you Stack those liners...somone elses a$$ heat will always come thru.

The germ thing is only a secondary benefit to using the stall next to the handicapped one.

BTW....another downer of using the handicapped stall. You ever notice that because they have to make the stall bigger, and the door bigger, that the door crack always seems to line up right in front of the toilet. Now everyone that is in front of the mirror is looking right at you...picken your nose and swiping your crack. No thanks...I'll take door #2.

mot

I usually like to use the one farthest away from the entrance, but if that's taken or looks dirtier than the other two, then I proceed to consider the other two.

I hate it when the seats are up and/or when somebody missed the water hole and have to wipe somebody else's liquid or worse yet... Sometimes I resort to using my shoe to lift/lower the seat.

Anyway, one thing I have noticed in Japan is that the stalls (coverage) go lower, almost down to the floor, so you don't have to look at others' legs, pants, etc.... It must be a cultural thing.

We also have some seats that will automatically lift/close the lids for you, as well as the seat warmer, didet, clock, and a remote for the bidet function (water temp, forward/backward movement, spray/shower, etc...).

I can't go back to the cruel/primitive(sp) way anymore!

Mot

I do my best to avoid public restrooms, but when nature calls I tend to evaluate on a case by case basis. I typically check each stall, and pick the cleanest one. If there are a few that are equally clean, I'll pick the biggest one which is generally the handicapped stall.

At work, there's only one option. The portajohn. So I try to avoid that at all costs. Usually hold off till I can go to a decent restaurant at lunch to pinch it off.

BTW, I'm one of those guys who does his best thinkin and reading on the pot. So I can be in there for 30 minutes at a time at home :D

Ary

Top Bottom