BASS CAMP RUN WITH CAMPING (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Day: Saturday May 18th and 19th if camping

Description: Day trip to unusual cabin under a boulder and old Ghost town. Mining area with beautiful views. Involves some driving to Hawthorne then Mina to Marietta is about 57 miles then to Bass camp about another 8 miles of off roading.

Meet: Mcdonalds in Hawthorne

Leave time: 10:00

Trail Leader: Hopefully Will (he'll keep us from getting lost this time)

Difficulty: Ok for stock

Bring: Lunch for Saturday. Gear for camping, Food and water etc.

Last edited:
When you say food... Do you mean bring your own dinner and breakfast as well as lunch for Saturday? Or is the club funding dinner on Friday and breakfast on Saturday? I'm cool either way, just need to know how to plan and pack. :)

When you say food... Do you mean bring your own dinner and breakfast as well as lunch for Saturday? Or is the club funding dinner on Friday and breakfast on Saturday? I'm cool either way, just need to know how to plan and pack. :)
Traditionally we have a no man left behind policy but you are on your own for food and shelter. Because of the nature of the club, basically a herd of cats, it is difficult to plan portions for a trip on which anywhere from two to twenty rigs might show up.

In the past we have done a Pot luck picnic where the club provided the BBQ meat and members provided sides. These events were a lot of fun and got family members that wouldn't go on a trip involved in the club. It would be fun to do one of these again. We did one at Davis Creek that was a really fun day.

Traditionally we have a no man left behind policy but you are on your own for food and shelter. Because of the nature of the club, basically a herd of cats, it is difficult to plan portions for a trip on which anywhere from two to twenty rigs might show up.

In the past we have done a Pot luck picnic where the club provided the BBQ meat and members provided sides. These events were a lot of fun and got family members that wouldn't go on a trip involved in the club. It would be fun to do one of these again. We did one at Davis Creek that was a really fun day.

Thanks!

Thursday night I noticed a rhythmic noise in the 100. I think the fan bearing is bad. Taking it to a shop on Monday since
A- I have no garage
B- My tools are in storage
C- I need it fixed ASAP so I can get to and from work.

If all goes well I will try to go on the run at least as a day trip.

Thanks Will. That would be great if you could make it. I couldn't take another jaunt like the last time we went out there. If I camp I would just need food for lunch and dinner on Saturday. I would be on the road home way before breakfast. Hope you get the 100 fixed Dan. Probably nice having some one else do it. Mmmm potluck is good.

Thanks Will. That would be great if you could make it. I couldn't take another jaunt like the last time we went out there. If I camp I would just need food for lunch and dinner on Saturday. I would be on the road home way before breakfast. Hope you get the 100 fixed Dan. Probably nice having some one else do it. Mmmm potluck is good.
Maybe we should do another pot luck at Davis Creek? Maybe we could put that on the agenda for next meeting?

Are you thinking about just doing the day run?

I will camp if others want to. But I have been on camping runs and then no one else stays and I end up camping alone. Last year it was just me an Loren at Desert Creek and the year before at Walker Lake it was just Justin and me. Had fun both times. Had great fires at both camps and ate some good food. So if any of you want to camp post up and we will camp at Bass camp or near it. It is a bit creepy like a ghost town at Bass Camp.:skull: We could even head back to Walker Lake and primitive camp or go to an actual camp site. The stars were amazing til the moon came out.

I will camp if others want to. But I have been on camping runs and then no one else stays and I end up camping alone. Last year it was just me an Loren at Desert Creek and the year before at Walker Lake it was just Justin and me. Had fun both times. Had great fires at both camps and ate some good food. So if any of you want to camp post up and we will camp at Bass camp or near it. It is a bit creepy like a ghost town at Bass Camp.:skull: We could even head back to Walker Lake and primitive camp or go to an actual camp site. The stars were amazing til the moon came out.

I am planning on camping. Already piling up my kit and have the back seat out of the Bronco. Can everyone who plans to camp "roger up" here so we have a headcount? I don't want to load up my gear, buy food, etc. if we aren't going to need it.

The stars were amazing til the moon came out.

We will have a full moon rising at around 9:10PM and a sunset at around 8:10 PM so maybe an hour of star gazing before it gets washed out.

Yeah I'm hoping to do some night photography of the structure, definitely without moonlight, maybe with.

I am bringing my camera too. I got an Arsenal for Christmas and haven't taken the time to set it up and play with it. I think this would be a good time.

I borrowed my sons little Toyta Pick up while my Cruiser is in the shop, I might take it on the run if the Cruiser isn't ready, it's a fun truck to drive.

Sounds like a good trip is shaping up. I'll be camping but leaving early am. Haven't decided on which vehicle to drive. Leaning towards the P/U because of the distance. Maybe I'll bring my camera and tripod for some tutoring by the experts. Will is the master on infrared and time lapse star shots.

Sounds like a good trip is shaping up. I'll be camping but leaving early am. Haven't decided on which vehicle to drive. Leaning towards the P/U because of the distance. Maybe I'll bring my camera and tripod for some tutoring by the experts. Will is the master on infrared and time lapse star shots.

I'd love to take my pickup but it is still so new and I don't want to get any body (or bumper!) damage. So the ol' Beater is gonna take the long drive.

How early is early @Krusty Krab?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom