Bass Boost from stock amp. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
I'm not an audiofile, but my wife commented that my system sounds a bit tinny, so I was thinking....

Can I run a powered sub woofer with the inputs off the stock woofer, without removing the stock rear amp? Is this a no no?

-H-

Yes you can in theory depending on if the powered sub has "line level" inputs. If not, a device can be acquired separately to perform that interface.

The problem is that you are just going to amplify the tinny sound you now have. I think that the problem with the stock system isn't just the small speaker used as a sub, but the entire subwoofer setup, volume, frequency range etc. It would be best to tie into a point after the primary amp or input to the subwoofer amp which ever would be most convenient. You need to tie into both left and right channels and also have the ability to adjust the gain to balance the system and filters to block the higher frequencies.

If you haven’t upgraded the other speakers in the system it is still going to sound bad. The majority of the sound is produced in the midrange with the door speakers primarily responsible. Adding the sub you will have the tinny sound with a bunch of boom boom to go with it.

Dude...Brittany ROCKS!!! Anyway I have a speaker level to line level adaptor with your name on it. So I guess the answer is yes. Where you going to put that sub big boy?

just curious does your land cruisers have a plug below the center consol? like if you took out your center consol and the plastic tray beneath the shifter? if so and if its not the cell phone one (assuming that ones there too) you could simply run a line converter from there. that would be the stock plug for the lx450 sub i ran a line converter from there to a amp and then to a bigger sub and the sound i have is awsome.

i have a bunch of pics if ya need them

mike

[quote author=BMT link=board=2;threadid=12877;start=msg118920#msg118920 date=1078966392]
Dude...Brittany ROCKS!!! Anyway I have a speaker level to line level adaptor with your name on it. So I guess the answer is yes. Where you going to put that sub big boy?
[/quote]

I was thinking about just having the "outs" like yours in the back with a bazooka sub or something like it, so that I could take it out when I need the extra cargo space.

-H-

Hltoppr said "I was thinking about just having the "outs" like yours in the back with a bazooka sub or something like it, so that I could take it out when I need the extra cargo space."

So your "outing" me...thats cool. I see how it is.

I don't know how to do the quote thing. :flipoff2:

Look at the upper right corner of the post you want to quote, then hit the "quote" button there...you can then modify the text in your response to include only what you wish to quote.

You're supposed to be the tech guy here, not me! ::)

-H-

Is this because you want to thump that NWA cd downtown by the P&T???

[quote author=BMT link=board=2;threadid=12877;start=msg118920#msg118920 date=1078966392]
I have a speaker level to line level adaptor with your name on it. [/quote]

I'll pick this up while I'm at B & S's this weekend, we can put it in when we do your booster :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Not that were on the topic of the sound system for the Cruiser, I have a question of my own: Does anyone know a good system that would replace all of the FZJ80's (40th) speakers, amps?, subs, etc...?

-Sammy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom