Baselining my 1997 fzj80 3xlocked Rust Bucket of Hope! 🙏🙏🙏 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@slow95z

Screenshot_20201224-131353_Photos.jpg

NOT MUCH!
I'm dying to do some big jobs soon.
The truck just hit a year old!
Miles are up to 274,229 from 268,xxx when I bought it.
Still haven't done axles or PHH
Seriously slacking off!
I got through doing some brake hard lines, I really want to refresh the undercarriage some more, under the hood needs more attention too, tune up not done either, removing those spark plugs looks scary, I don't want crap falling into the engine...

I still want to do more work before I weld the b pillar...I will not be attempting that job! Gonna leave it to a professional.

Still debating the lift...Im not going to do anything suspension related until the b pillar is welded. The current one flexes under pressure when both driver side doors are open... Not a good feeling. Probably not a good idea to off-road it until welded me thinks...

Screenshot_20210325-202957_Photos.jpg

Took the cruiser off the road after all that ^^^^^
Drove an accord I picked up for 500$
That died (timing belt)
So I had a shop do all my lines for 600.
I've been in heaven for the last week driving my baby once again...
I have 5 actual babies so yes this LC child of mine gets a little neglected,.,

endlinks for rear sway bar just failed. Parts on the way for that.
Then heater control valve,.,.gnarly
And phh.

Excuses excuses

The LC dont care tho,.,still purring away!
I'm trying all this for the first time... no skillz here.
But learning...in my adhd way.
Feel free to blast away, I will extrapolate the data!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anyone has done little solution for these front bumper caps.. perhaps I will try some jb weld

20220410_184811.jpg

20220410_184815.jpg

Happy that you're still at it. I've only driven my LC for 2 weeks since July 2021 and I do miss it!

I'm sure the JB weld would work, but you might want to treat yourself to an aftermarket bumper?

Happy that you're still at it. I've only driven my LC for 2 weeks since July 2021 and I do miss it!

I'm sure the JB weld would work, but you might want to treat yourself to an aftermarket bumper?
Tachyon! Yes indeed, still at it!
Gosh I'd loooove an aftermarket bumper!
I'm keeping a lazy eye on the classifieds here for one. Suspension first I guess they say... which I'm also looking for.. on classifieds lol
Yea mine sat for quite a while too, at least they're not getting exposed to winter salting. I'm going to have to order a bunch of wire wheels and fluid film before this next winter hits 👍
I also just got the hang of this grease gun so I can finally hit that driveshaft👍👍

Filled the t-case and front diff. Mo money mo oil,.,.no mo problems?
Cleaned off some zerks getting ready for next time...spring break No trips here.. all baseline

20220413_162844.jpg

Filled the t-case and front diff. Mo money mo oil,.,.no mo problems?
Cleaned off some zerks getting ready for next time...spring break No trips here.. all baseline

View attachment 2980597
Dude I would like to talk you out of those Buts, It's vary rare that I see Cruiser Heads smoking cigarettes. Don't make me tell your Mom :cautious:

Been getting down with the brakes
Having a blast
PS rear rotor, and pads all around, Toyota brand people, looks like PS front needs a new caliper
216 from stealership....
Cleaned up the others with Toyota grease and a wire wheel...
On order now we have
All 8 crush washers i should've had before i started
2 bleeder for the rears being that I'm going to destroy them in removal
and 2 new banjo bolts because it's fun to say
And the piece dè resistancè new front caliper *drool*
Cant wait to have faith that when i press the brake pedal this 5000lb beast will stop. So thats nice. The new lines underneath add to that,.,.almost there,.,.forever!

20220624_153959.jpg

20220626_162440.jpg

Its now been 2 months of me sitting on a brand new heater control valve,.,. while the current ticking time bomb remains,.,.need the clamps and hoses,.,. Searching...404 error. Oh s***

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom