Baselining my 1997 fzj80 3xlocked Rust Bucket of Hope! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great work, nice rig.. I bought a locked lx450 on auction, it has some rust that didn't show on pictures. I paid more of fees and shipping than the car. Either way I love my truck, more emotional buy than anything, since I used to have one back home. Is not easy to find them clean at a good price, plus they are getting expensive. People have their opinion and yes sometimes is not about the money, I enjoy working and learning.

I have a long way to go and starting to tackle it. My biggest rust was rear frame due to a trailer hitch, rear quarter and some in rocker. I went to several body shop they basically laugh, that was a booster to work on it. I was able to find a rear frame, and found a shop that cut it, and weld it. It came out great.

Just to support you.. it's your truck if you enjoyed it do it.

Great work, looking forward to updates.

Good s*** guys, you're definitely getting me pumped to get back to being busy on the truck
Just use the dipstick daily!

Roger that.

Great work, nice rig.. I bought a locked lx450 on auction, it has some rust that didn't show on pictures. I paid more of fees and shipping than the car. Either way I love my truck, more emotional buy than anything, since I used to have one back home. Is not easy to find them clean at a good price, plus they are getting expensive. People have their opinion and yes sometimes is not about the money, I enjoy working and learning.

I have a long way to go and starting to tackle it. My biggest rust was rear frame due to a trailer hitch, rear quarter and some in rocker. I went to several body shop they basically laugh, that was a booster to work on it. I was able to find a rear frame, and found a shop that cut it, and weld it. It came out great.

Just to support you.. it's your truck if you enjoyed it do it.

Great work, looking forward to updates.

Wow so you did that rear frame huh, mine is pretty shot too, it's down there list though, b pillar and rocker job first!
I do see some nice examples setting in the teens to 20s crazy stuff

I'm also about to break down and employ a shop to fast track some of my progress

Cheers all!
She lives!

Ooooooooo box!
Not that intesting what's inside lol
But to me it is,.,.air filter blah ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

20201106_210046.jpg

Soooooooo
This oil leak is pretty bad... Not sure why it started leaking so much,.,.it's looking like I really gotta start digging into that engine...
Oil dripping pics in the morn
Oil pan is wet
That plate under the radiator has got drips
My buddy at work says she must really like me cause she's ALL wet!
:rimshot:

No work on the leaks today just keeping er topped up,.,.did this thing
Thank God!

20201108_164549.jpg

20201108_164609.jpg

20201108_165023.jpg
paid like 40 off eBay for this denso not happy that not the washable type but hey I know for the next one

I need to get one of those to replace my Haynes, which literally is falling apart. I've seen some on eBay, but they are all over $100. Where did you get yours?

Stuck home for the next two weeks..
You can already imagine why,.,.pissed but!
Lots of time to work on cruiser!!! Time to order a crapload of parts ( lmao probably only a few,.,attn used parts guys,.,.SEND ME UR PARTS!

Parts

Last edited:
No work on the leaks today just keeping er topped up,.,.did this thing
Thank God!
paid like 40 off eBay for this denso not happy that not the washable type but hey I know for the next one
Just wanted to tune back in and let you know in the future ROCKAUTO has air filters 21$ shipped.

BTW AL I'm moving to NYC (Staten Island) so we should def take our land cruisers off roading.
I'm down LED!! I'm aching to get this truck off solid roads, still trying to make sure it can go!
Picked this up super cheap today.. No more rusty panels!

20201213_163805.jpg

It's time to dig into the hubs and brakes, it's getting time... So many other while I'm in there things to consider

Need an OEM head unit, fed up w the low end pioneer unit I got, and want some working speakers in the truck, I'm a fiend for my tunes,.,.
I saw a nice upgrade for those front corner of the dash speaker here on mudd too.
2of my door speakers work,.,. And one is spotty af

Also gonna look for a CDL switch, not going for the pin7 mod for now.
My driver seat back is falling off so.,.either fix it up or get a new one...
And until I find a cool used aftermarket bumper, I need the corner oem front bumper piece, it's hanging by a thread after every drive so annoying.

I've heard we can use 100 series brake pads gotta check as it's time for a refresh all around. My first time attending to them at least,.,.RIP abs and my parking brake for now, flipped that to the back burner...

Scouring the classifieds these days

20201216_224754.jpg

Had some fun in the snow last night with my boy tooling around in the snow, the truck feels more at home on snow than on paved roads 100%

Last edited:
Only use the 80 series pads. I've done the 100 series and it's more of a PITA than it's really worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom