Baselining my 1997 fzj80 3xlocked Rust Bucket of Hope! 🙏🙏🙏 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i wish i could say it was my line but i saw in an old Eric Bana's directorial debut "Love the Beast," documenting a quarter-century love affair with his 1974 Ford Falcon coupe,

i think its fitting though.

i am in iowa and trying to get a rust free rig is hard, sure it is easy to say fly and get one, but if it was that easy i would have done it too. just have fun bud...

cheers

So this fell off got some shoe goo... wonder if it will do the trick...

Also going to need to look into this airbag sensor replacement I have ... needs replacing...yea

15882214033228774181182644786984.jpg

20200430_003857.jpg

Last edited:
Woah,.,., bit of a different man posting here...
A lot has changed in my life...
I'm no longer a shell of a human being...:rofl:

Thanks to the help of fellow cruiser head, northeasterner and all around nice guy @JeepinPete my truck has a new lease on life!

Rocker - obtained! X2!
Hood - attained! (Don't be sad @cruiserdan ) :grinpimp:
Door - achieved!
Plus other bits n bobs of immeasurable value
Thanks again Pete!

On the downside, as a result of all the parts influx, I'm half expecting parting papers from the boss, keep your fingers continually crossed for me, it will just be easier that way đź‘Ť

20200504_141841.jpg

20200504_141916.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at these is giving me a headache...I'm a stickler for a bargain...
Any thoughts?

Super oem cheaper than oak...dimpled...lol
Screenshot_20200504-164422_eBay.jpg

Th color I want...looks good.new-ish
Screenshot_20200504-164342_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200504-164703_eBay.jpg

Too much for me, I'd get one used
Screenshot_20200504-164145_eBay.jpg

Lol tryna haggle this guy
Screenshot_20200504-164601_eBay.jpg

Reporting back with a definitive answer; the wood 98-00 LS400 wheel does NOT work with an 80. :crybaby:

It's splines are the same and it fits on fine, but the airbag and horn will not work without fabbing some brackets.

The pre-98 LS400 wheel would be the same as the 80s, but it's not wood so you might as well refurbish the one you're got :hillbilly:

The wood LS wheel is a great option for the 98-02 100-series :idea:

At least I now know how to remove a steering wheel :bang:

Kept serching, got my answer... sadly

But good to get to the bottom of that

Looks like 97 and down will work, but no wood :crybaby:

Looking through all the steering wheel discussion the last few days, the '97-'01 Camry wheel is a direct fit. One of the ads you posted above showed a Camry wheel with wood trim. Looks to me like that would fit. I'd love to have a wood trimmed wheel.

Last edited:
Looking through all the steering wheel discussion the last few days, the '97-'01 Camry wheel is a direct. One of the ads you posted above showed a Camry wheel with wood trim. Looks to me like that would fit. I'd love to have a wood trimmed wheel.
Who wouldn't. @80 Series Al if you go this route please post results so we can all feel like slim thug.

Well now I have to buy the damn wood one lol
đź‘Ť

Not to rain on your parade, but the steering wheel should be the last thing on your list. From the pile of parts you have in the garage it look's like you need to start installing be for you buy more or you get your walking papers from the BOSS. Just sayin.
Shopping is the easy part. Getting those rockers installed that well be a chore. ;)

Not to rain on your parade, but the steering wheel should be the last thing on your list. From the pile of parts you have in the garage it look's like you need to start installing be for you buy more or you get your walking papers from the BOSS. Just sayin.
Shopping is the easy part. Getting those rockers installed that well be a chore. ;)
Again I appreciate the shake I am certainly drunk on the magical land cruiser potion, but also take this into account

20200504_202727.jpg

BLAM!

I know ur point, and mine is I tackled a hurdle, one of my biggest on the rig, and it's time like Homer says

Screenshot_20200504-203532_Google.jpg

Dont worry @broskid need a raise before I could justify an expense like that,.,.and I'm not in the boss's good books these days TRUST ME! ;)

Last edited:
Again I appreciate the shake I am certainly drunk on the magical land cruiser potion, but also take this into account

View attachment 2295577
I get it,mine turns my hands black on hot days. but it does not hurt performance so it sets on the bottom of my list. Plus you have to mess with the airbag. Get a cheap cover from auto zone tell you get the major things ironed out. ;)

I get it,mine turns my hands black on hot days. but it does not hurt performance so it sets on the bottom of my list. Plus you have to mess with the airbag. Get a cheap cover from auto zone tell you get the major things ironed out. ;)
I bought a cover from Walmart that looks wood grain for $15. Had it in for 4 years. I couldn't stand the sticky hands thing the PO left me with.

Cheap and it took me 20 minutes and a hot hair dryer to install.

I bought a cover from Walmart that looks wood grain for $15. Had it in for 4 years. I couldn't stand the sticky hands thing the PO left me with.

Cheap and it took me 20 minutes and a hot hair dryer to install.
This is the one I had. I hooked it with my pocket knife climbing out and shredded it.

This is the one I have now because they were out of the other the day I needed to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom