Baselining my 1997 fzj80 3xlocked Rust Bucket of Hope! 🙏🙏🙏 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rust wins again... Geez I really need that welder..
And get more wire brushes etc

20200907_205934.jpg

Well I FINALLY picked up the rear brake line, driver side only the rest are on their way but I need to get back on the road! Been driving my sister in laws Subaru outback and that tranny is GOING... also needs a wheel bearing, loud af.. Might try to buy it on the low so I can put the Cruiser up on stands and do axels, that weld job IN FULL! And work on cleaning up that undercarriage.. I can do most of that while it's on the road as my daily I guess.. we will see, going to buy something to weld with this weekend,.,.back on the road for monday 🙏🙏🙏

Alright gonna get rid of a light on the dash today! Oh ya and airbag for me!

16012942243201698313453472115072.jpg
might play around with this today too

1601294357475606443705459219361.jpg

What are some things you still need to get done?

View attachment 2430245

View attachment 2430245
Do you have Line wrenches Like these to work on brake lines ?
1602899914429.png

If not you need to get them, at lest the ones that fit our Regs. Grab a couple off of Ebay if needed

Also welding on that rusty metal won't be easy. I would try some big pop rivets to reattach that.

The welding! B pillar and rocker
Still need to do heater control valve
Yes I have a couple of line wrenches man they r the best
Grease diffs
PHH
I can't wait to until something goes and then I have to fix it in the cold,.,.that'll teach me!

Other than that stuff the truck still sits at 2500 every morning at 70 mph
Suspension kinda old and tired feeling but over all running smooth and not burning much oil either

Last edited:
Is that garage in the St. James?

Is that garage in the St. James?

That good sir is my local pep boys on sunrise just off 109.
But my Land Cruiser Dr. Is located in st james at the BP on 25a 😉
Also Tachy, I heard there was a decent cars coffee type meet Sunday (s*** that's today!) At the TFCU near vets and 495!! I'll be wearing my black landcruiser 😉
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A lot of lights on at 70 mph and Zero oil pressure,

Well it is the holidays!
Ahh let's seee,.,. We have my famous airbag light,.,.so no airbag...
Then the lovely abs sensor, ya that's out too..
Missing in action is the cruise light...it works ;)
Then my lovely 41014 whatever crappy intake s*** engine code thingy
TOP OF THE MORNING TO Y'ALL!!!
:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

That good sir is my local pep boys on sunrise just off 109.
But my Land Cruiser Dr. Is located in st james at the BP on 25a 😉
Also Tachy, I heard there was a decent cars coffee type meet Sunday (s*** that's today!) At the TFCU near vets and 495!! I'll be wearing my black landcruiser 😉
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So, my wife was supposed to pull into Bay Shore this afternoon in our white 80 towing a trailer, but got cold feet and took the minivan instead :( She said she was worried about the Rockies on I70. Looking long and hard about doing an LS swap. Decisions, decisions...

I'm on deployment and will not be able to do anything for at least 6 more months. I'm hoping to drive the 80 cross-country to Smithtown next summer. Would be awesome to link up then!

So, my wife was supposed to pull into Bay Shore this afternoon in our white 80 towing a trailer, but got cold feet and took the minivan instead :( She said she was worried about the Rockies on I70. Looking long and hard about doing an LS swap. Decisions, decisions...

I'm on deployment and will not be able to do anything for at least 6 more months. I'm hoping to drive the 80 cross-country to Smithtown next summer. Would be awesome to link up then!
Damn LS swap would be amazing
Thanks for taking care of business out there for us man 👍
Yea man I'd be down for that, I'm sure u got some good stories to tell over a beer on the tailgate!

Looks like I've got some oil loss situation,.,.woke up to drive to some secret car meet,.,.oil light came on,.,.not the guage the dash light,.
I was out!
Pulled over right away to check, sure enough,.,.of course my oil guage kicked the bucket a couple months back and this just serves me right for not fixing it.

Hit a mobile station and all they had was 5w30synthetic...two quarts did it..
Ran smooth home and I filled it w premium on the way home toojl just out of superstition ;)
The story continues for now!

Just use the dipstick daily!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom