Baselining my 1997 fzj80 3xlocked Rust Bucket of Hope! 🙏🙏🙏 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boss has been pretty demanding as of late, so no time off to work on the cruiser. Oh I also stripped the screw bolt on the fuel door trying to replace lol I'm daft
Also finally figured out where that little black panel is to replace the tailgate hinge. Was about to lose it, now my bloody knuckles finally paid off:banana::banana:

Very important

15899216348435441173978627105705.jpg

I bought a cover from Walmart that looks wood grain for $15. Had it in for 4 years. I couldn't stand the sticky hands thing the PO left me with.

Cheap and it took me 20 minutes and a hot hair dryer to install.
The sticky steering wheel thing was nasty!
I washed mine with dishsoapy water, TWICE. It was sooo gross. :yuck: The first rinse water was black. (we need a puking smiley)

Lol had to have some fun after the work was done

20200626_192938.jpg

20200626_190946.jpg

That door is hitting the bricks soon any ways
Used krylon chrome,.,.f'd it up with a coat of clear,.,.clouded it all up,.,.lmao just layered on like 3more thick coats of chrome then called it a day lol ✌️

Last edited:
The sticky steering wheel thing was nasty!
I washed mine with dishsoapy water, TWICE. It was sooo gross. :yuck: The first rinse water was black. (we need a puking smiley)
I keep putting that off!!! Gonna do it asap can't think about what substances are all-over my hands gross. It's sticky when hot...ya hahalollol

@Rusty Marlin I'm thinking of soaking my driver seat belt in soapy water for a quick fix as well ,.,. Back to work driving for Amazon so not too much action til I save up some dough,.,.then we get busy ;) mwahahahah,.,.,

I did that too. I think it needs it some more. I pulled them out as far as they would go, clamped them with hemostats and soaked them in a gallon bucket of Tide mixed with HOT water. When the water cooled enough to get my hands in, I agitated the mix. Did both front belts. The belts worked much better but they still don't retract everytime. Need to wash them again and maybe a shot of silicone spray after they dry.

I did that too. I think it needs it some more. I pulled them out as far as they would go, clamped them with hemostats and soaked them in a gallon bucket of Tide mixed with HOT water. When the water cooled enough to get my hands in, I agitated the mix. Did both front belts. The belts worked much better but they still don't retract everytime. Need to wash them again and maybe a shot of silicone spray after they dry.
There's a pretty good write up somewhere about how to remove and wash fully,.,. I need a quick fix lol,.,.also reporting on leather,.,.my seats are getting softer with wear and almost weekly applications of mothers leather conditioner,.,.no rips or tears yet so trying to get as much life as possible from every part and replace w OEM or better 😉

No posts for over a month thought you threw in the towel, Glad to see your still at it and hopefully still married.;)

His wife may leave him, but he'll always have the cruiser!

No posts for over a month thought you threw in the towel, Glad to see your still at it and hopefully still married.;)
All is well, hence the month off ;)
Unfortunately no camping trips yet... But we're getting there!
His wife may leave him, but he'll always have the cruiser!
Ain't that the truth man!
Did you mean coils and shocks ? PS the Hollywood side looks pretty dang good.
Er um yes shocks and springs! Woops lol
But seriously I think I'll try my hand at our fine used market place! Anyone sellin!

Bro I just still can't believe I've got the cruiser in my driveway! lol and I get to drive it everyday lol

Cheers guys :beer:
al

Well this is the update,.,.
I've been driving the truck to work everyday,.,.all is well...gas is super cheap hooray
I still need code checker, my engine light comes on like once a week,.,.then goes right off next time I start it...it's probably the fact I have no cat! Lol alas, my abs light only comes on once I use the breaks...I've been told wheel bearings r coming. Still "studying" for my birf job...otram ftw I think?
Things have been painted black and chrome things have been fitted .. I couldn't resist ;)
It's time to post some pics and a list of everything I've done and my big priorities Todo list, coming soon to a forum near you!
Cheers :beer:,
Al

15976285972041592379691541444950.jpg

You knew it was coming, but alas I couldn't reach the outermost bolt to take off the current ones I'll post a pic of my failure,.,.I gotta keep it fun man! I also gave the mud flaps some moisture with this

159762896105634513025901459637.jpg

Pics of the truck for no reason to follow! raining now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom