Baseline Parts list review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am working on my 2003 LX470 to get her refreshed and ready for some minor mods and a lot more use.
It has 238k on it.

Work already completed:
  • Timing belt
  • Water Pump
  • Fan pulley bracket
  • 33" tires
  • AHC fluid flush and refill
  • Coolant flush and fill, new hoses
  • DT headers (exhaust tick was ANNOYING)
Parts and work scheduled to be completed in the coming weeks as parts arrive:
  • Steering rack, new outer tie rod ends
  • Front and rear brakes
    • Rotors
    • Pads
    • Parking Brake shoes
  • ATF drain and fill
  • Diff fluids
  • Oil change
  • Transfer case
The rubber bushings look pretty worn.
There's a rattle that, upon inspection looks to be the fan clutch or the pulley is already bad. Which would suck because it's the AISIN part frequently recommended. It was done at the same time as the timing belt and water pump.

What I am trying to do now is order the parts to refresh the suspension components, known bad issues, etc.

Would you more experienced 100 series owners please chime in? I added as much detail as possible to prevent the, "you may want to change your oil" commentary. ;)

Thank you!
LX470-MaintenanceBaseline.png

Check the condition of your power steering pump, the suction/return hoses and the metal gasket for the pressure line. May also be good to be sure your alternator is up to snuff. I replaced the accessory belt tensioner along with the ps pump, hoses, pressure port O-ring, reservoir, idler pulley, and pressure line gasket as the hoses were weeping, the res was filthy, tensioner was clicking, and the pump was whining. The alternator looked original but I didn’t replace it, when I put it all back together, I realized part of my noise was said alternator.....replacing that this week. You have to remove/ reposition most of the aforementioned parts to do the tensioner anyway, I like to get as much done in one shot as possible. I can get part numbers if that would be helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom