Barrett_Jackson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A 1988 FJ62 just sold for $77,000 at the Scottsdale auction. Lot #845. Nicely restored with all OEM parts. Looks all stock except for the springs. Very clean. Low mileage.

HolySh*t
This one?
255553F9-58AE-4666-B7D9-87051DFFC966.jpeg

Don't get me wrong, I love the 60-series and that's a beautiful truck ... but this is bubble land...

Oh I am so tiring up some loose ends and selling my 62! It's not original and it's ugly but where there's a bubble every hipster in town will pony up the cash for something that fits their image.

I only one of these rich dudes would invest in a GTA 5 Landcruiser 60 mod instead of buying them as a painting.

So, I just totaled up all the currently available OEM part for a 1988 FJ62 (ATM) and if you bought every stinking' clip, bolt, nut, seal, frame, engine, body, interior and transmission part out there it will cost you about $38,500. That includes the $2157 roof panel and $12K in transmission/transfer case parts.

I'm restoring my sorta low miles FJ now and I can see how it would be pretty easy to invest about $40 to $50K (all-in including donor vehicle) by the time you are finished. Price just comes down to the quality of the restoration. Yes, the PO looks like he made a bundle of cash, but I don't think it's a bubble necessarily...just supply and demand. There aren't so many trucks out there that look and drive like "new", so the supply isn't likely to go up and I don't think the demand is going down anytime soon.

Just ask my 22 year-old daughter and my (slightly:D) older wife. It's what they want to drive.

PS...just painted my new OEM "gray" dash SEM "cordovan brown" today and it looks great! Can't wait to see it installed.

2021 2-Dr Bronco First Edition VIN 001 just sold at BJ for $1.1 Million.

Imagine the depreciation when they drive it off the lot! :rofl:

Bubble.

And like all bubbles, stupid prices get paid until the collapse.

1616979998743.png

. That includes the $2157 roof panel
Are new aftermarket roof panels available now?

Saw roof panel on SOR website for $3,300 but didn't find them elsewhere.

Are new aftermarket roof panels available now?

Saw roof panel on SOR website for $3,300 but didn't find them elsewhere.
Sorry... I was mislead. I compiled a list of available OEM parts from Passport Toyota. They are normally very good about being up-to-date. After you asked, I sent them a message and they have unfortunately said the roof panel is NLA.

My list of parts on this thread: Ultimate OEM 60 series parts still in stock - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ultimate-oem-60-series-parts-still-in-stock.427242/page-48#post-13756590

Woaoaoaoao

Actually much more than $77k

15% seller premium AND a 15% buyer premium at those auctions.

I think it was a charity auction. Ford donated the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom