Barnfind Fj45 pickup - from Saudi with love (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A quick question for you all- have you ever seen seat belts like these? They are shoulder belts, but don’t come with a lap belt. As far as I can tell they are the original belts but I find them super strange and have never seen anything similar.

Don't think the picture loaded. :confused:

I see the seatbelt picture now.... never mind. It looks beautiful!

Last edited:
Oh man, that truck is BEAUTIFUL! Excited to see it spruced up. Love the pics, keep them coming.

A quick question for you all- have you ever seen seat belts like these? They are shoulder belts, but don’t come with a lap belt. As far as I can tell they are the original belts but I find them super strange and have never seen anything similar.
622F0576-5A43-4881-9B2C-E9D80FFDF53A.jpeg

Appreciate it. Fingers crossed going to show the whole process. Should be fun getting her road worthy
I have a 66 mustang and one of the options was a shoulder belt, they were non-retractable and were just lap belts bolted to the ceiling. The lap belt was separate. I wonder if this is like that.

A quick question for you all- have you ever seen seat belts like these? They are shoulder belts, but don’t come with a lap belt. As far as I can tell they are the original belts but I find them super strange and have never seen anything similar.View attachment 2603097
I would say they are 2-points original lap belts that someone bolted to the ceiling at some point !?

Beautiful truck and seats ! Keep it original :D

I have a 66 mustang and one of the options was a shoulder belt, they were non-retractable and were just lap belts bolted to the ceiling. The lap belt was separate. I wonder if this is like that.
Honestly I have no idea. Not sure it’s very safe, but interesting. These are also non-retractable (not sure if it shows in the photo)

I would say they are 2-points original lap belts that someone bolted to the ceiling at some point !?

Beautiful truck and seats ! Keep it original :D
Coming from Saudi I find that highly unlikely 🤣 also they are extremely long as you can see especially on the passenger side. It goes across the entire bench seat. Next time I’m in the shop I’ll take better pictures

Beautiful 45. I visited Sebastian's shop about 2 years ago. I've been looking for a 45 Troopy to send to him but haven't found the right one yet. He does stellar t
Appreciate it. He has almost completed my 1958 Chevy Apache restomod, and the incredible work he has done on that and all the other cars I’ve seen give me infinite confidence in his abilities. Reputations are earned, and his reputation for being the best in the business is well deserved. I have another 2 cars waiting in line for his magic touch 🤣

Calendar material right here.
I wish. When she’s done I’ll get proper photos taken. This was just rushed because Seb said that work will start that morning, and I didn’t want to start the build without having some pre photos.

Appreciate it. He has almost completed my 1958 Chevy Apache restomod, and the incredible work he has done on that and all the other cars I’ve seen give me infinite confidence in his abilities. Reputations are earned, and his reputation for being the best in the business is well deserved. I have another 2 cars waiting in line for his magic touch 🤣
Pretty sure I saw that Apache when I was there; assuming it's been there for a couple of years. Weren't you putting an LS-1 or something similar in it?

Pretty sure I saw that Apache when I was there; assuming it's been there for a couple of years. Weren't you putting an LS-1 or something similar in it?
It’s been a long time in the works, I initially bought it in 2018 and then decided to go crazy on the built with a custom art Morrison chassis, ls3 etc. home stretch now, and time to show the cruisers some love.

Just a quick update, had some rubber parts come in from city racer as well as new door rubber& rear windshield rubber so went to Seb Sports to drop them off. Progress is good with a new windscreen in (the old one was chipped and very scratched from the windshield wipers). Locally sourced laminated safety glass replacement looks good with the blue tint at the top. I bought two of these replacement windscreens, one for each 45 as I really hate having a scratched windscreen.
10794870-7887-4F3A-ADBE-FBB756D7D963.jpeg

The guys did an excellent job keeping the original rubber (it has chrome trim) and is no longer available to the best of my knowledge so I was delighted to discover that the rubber is still in percent condition and quite flexible.

the engine block is being cleaned up with a combination of elbow grease and degreaser, and when it’s all clean from 30 off years of grease and dust will be painted.
The more we do the more we end up doing as I figure that we might as well make it as perfect as can be. More updates soon.
227ED0B9-706D-4172-B4E1-73861DCF6A92.jpeg

It’s been a long time in the works, I initially bought it in 2018 and then decided to go crazy on the built with a custom art Morrison chassis, ls3 etc. home stretch now, and time to show the cruisers some love.
You know the rules, pictures or it never happened!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom